Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, name is Tommy 32 from Bremerton WA. Currently in the navy and just got my motor cycle endorsement after the MSF course and literally next day bought my brand new 2016 red R3. This is my first motorcycle and my first time on my own after the safety course. Absolutely love riding just nervous at the moment because of being a new rider. So glad I picked the R3, so smooth and just enough power for me. Going to commuting to and from work and riding with my buddies when we can. Nice to meet all of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome! There aren't too many Navy folks here, just two now I believe. Be sure to take the sport bike rider course as well, along with any other course you can sign up for. You get to ride rather than be at work, and it's free.

Just put around the neighborhood until you feel more confident, then progress to light traffic and go from there. When I first started I literally didn't even take the bike to work for the first week, just practiced in an empty lot, quiet part of San Diego for a week. I then went to traffic around the air port at night when it was more quiet. I think after that week I started riding to work on the I-5.

Obviously, I'm going to advertise riding in all the gear. I'm the MSR for my command and my last report had something like 38 deaths for sailors for this FY. Don't be one of those stats.

Good luck and have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts