Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, forum friends and R3 aficionados! Long-time lurker here. I'm John, and I plan on getting an R3 for my first bike. The used market around me isn't so hot for small sports bikes. Tons of big heavy cruisers and very few beginner bikes in good shape. Figured I might as well get the bike I really want instead of something that may break down on me and force me to sell.

My MSF course is May 20th, and I already have the money set aside for a blue R3. I expect to be on two wheels within a months time. I look forward to the learning experience and finding more great roads.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I'm sure you will have fun on your new R3 when you get it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Aiken, close to Georgia border.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
My MSF course is May 20th, and I already have the money set aside for a blue R3. I expect to be on two wheels within a months time. I look forward to the learning experience and finding more great roads.
This is how I did it as well. I took and passed my MSF class and about a month later, I picked up my new R3. I had only lurked the forum and watched a bunch of videos but once I was set on the R3, there was no changing my mind.

I just took my very first ride last night. First thing I noticed is that it's very forgiving. You have to turn the throttle a bit more than bigger bikes in order to get it going (which I like) but once it's going, man is it a blast to ride.

My first ride was only 14 miles but until I get the feel for it again (been 20 years since my last bike), I'll be taking it slow. Terrorizing and fun. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's official! Just placed a deposit on a 2016 R3 in blue at my local dealer. It'll be here on May 27th. I'll provide more details once all the paperwork is completed, I'm insured, and back home with my new bae.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts