Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone, I am thinking of buying a new 2016 R3 this week, i'm not yet an owner but I wanted to join the forums and see how everyone else likes their bikes. Seems everyone loves it, which is a good sign.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Greetings Everyone, I am thinking of buying a new 2016 R3 this week, i'm not yet an owner but I wanted to join the forums and see how everyone else likes their bikes. Seems everyone loves it, which is a good sign.

Welcome! I am I the same boat as you are.. Put down the deposit last week, should have it by end of this month :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where in Texas are you? I live in Georgetown

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in Texas are you? I live in Georgetown
The armpit of this gorgeous state, Laredo, on a sidenote, Alamo Cycleplex just quoted me $5,902 out the door WITH the 1st service AND the passenger seat cowling. I think thats pretty good,(right now my local dealer quoted me $5,950 OTD with the 1st service) if Laredo cant match it then it looks like im taking a 2 hour trip Saturday.

Reactions: skids

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are taking a 2-hour trip for $48?

Are you financing it, or paying cash?
The difference is less than $1 a month. :laugh:
Its actually closer to $200, how much is the seat cowl, like $140 maybe? plus i dont mind the drive, kinda looking forward to it, but im going to have to take a lot of time on the frontage road when necessary so as not to keep the bike pegged to a certain RPM the whole trip back.

Still undecided as to where im going to get it, but its good to have options.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Its actually closer to $200, how much is the seat cowl, like $140 maybe? plus i dont mind the drive, kinda looking forward to it, but im going to have to take a lot of time on the frontage road when necessary so as not to keep the bike pegged to a certain RPM the whole trip back.
Oh, sorry. I didn't notice the seat cowl was being included in that deal.
My bad.

I bought my R3 from a dealer that was 3-hours away from me in another state.
I rode it home on the highway. I didn't make it home until 10pm at night.
The bike did fine, I just kept it around 65-70mph in 6th gear to keep the rpm's down.
I tried to keep the rpm's between 5k and 8k. Mostly 7k the whole way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The armpit of this gorgeous state, Laredo, on a sidenote, Alamo Cycleplex just quoted me $5,902 out the door WITH the 1st service AND the passenger seat cowling. I think thats pretty good,(right now my local dealer quoted me $5,950 OTD with the 1st service) if Laredo cant match it then it looks like im taking a 2 hour trip Saturday.
I think it paid about 5600 OTD for a brand new 2016. That seems to be the average from TX dealers if you read some of the stuff on the forums about price. Are they giving you the Yamaha promotion discount that makes the MSRP $4690? I did almost 0 negotiating. I had them knock off $40 and bought it. I didn't get a seat cowling or oil change but there are also people who saved a few hundred more than I did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it paid about 5600 OTD for a brand new 2016. That seems to be the average from TX dealers if you read some of the stuff on the forums about price. Are they giving you the Yamaha promotion discount that makes the MSRP $4690? I did almost 0 negotiating. I had them knock off $40 and bought it. I didn't get a seat cowling or oil change but there are also people who saved a few hundred more than I did.
Nope, I have tried looking at the Yamaha factory website on current promotions but don't see a $4,690 promotional offer on the R3, would you happen to have a link?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome! She wont let you down. Its a great machine. About to clock 6000kms on mine, thrashed it, daily commute, 7 hour tour trips, rain, it handled it all well. Couldn't find a better bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts