Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all Woad here from West Virginia! Bikes I've owned: 5. I've been riding dirtbikes, dual sports, and cruisers for years now, and finally decided to try out a sportbike...enter the R3. Always been a huge fan of yamaha bikes and have owned everything from a pw50 to a yfz 250r and a rebel 250, so it seemed like an obvious choice for my adventure into the streetbike realm. As of now, I plan to use my little r3 As a learning tool as I finish my from-scratch build of a 2016 r1- more posts later (as funding permits, of course)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome! I'm from NY but have a couple of HS buddies who are WVU grads & fervent Mountaineer fans.

Funnily enough, you mentioning the mountains reminds me of the drives coming home east from out west. I was stationed in Colorado primarily and drove my car back & forth to NY a few times-never my FZR600 (bike at the time). Sometimes I'd go through Indiana-Illinois-Ohio or take the souther route through Kentucky-Virginia-W.Virginia and so on. Deiving through the plains was torture. Boring flat land and fields and fields of grains. It's not until you hit Ohio or WVA when things get a little interesting with hills, trees, curves, etc. You realize how lucious green the east is and how much variety there is to the terrain in the east/Appalachian states. How one can live in the plains is beyond me. On straight non-stop drives to the west when the flat plains are during you serious fatigue hours of driving it seriously becomes a hazard-it is so boring and monotonous it's hypnotic. maybe it's because I'm a Yankee and Northeasterner to the bone, but there is nothing more beautiful than the cities, mountains and roads of the mid-Atlantic to New England states. Makes me want to road trip it right now!

Again, welcome to the R3 forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! I'm from NY but have a couple of HS buddies who are WVU grads & fervent Mountaineer fans.

Funnily enough, you mentioning the mountains reminds me of the drives coming home east from out west. I was stationed in Colorado primarily and drove my car back & forth to NY a few times-never my FZR600 (bike at the time). Sometimes I'd go through Indiana-Illinois-Ohio or take the souther route through Kentucky-Virginia-W.Virginia and so on. Deiving through the plains was torture. Boring flat land and fields and fields of grains. It's not until you hit Ohio or WVA when things get a little interesting with hills, trees, curves, etc. You realize how lucious green the east is and how much variety there is to the terrain in the east/Appalachian states. How one can live in the plains is beyond me. On straight non-stop drives to the west when the flat plains are during you serious fatigue hours of driving it seriously becomes a hazard-it is so boring and monotonous it's hypnotic. maybe it's because I'm a Yankee and Northeasterner to the bone, but there is nothing more beautiful than the cities, mountains and roads of the mid-Atlantic to New England states. Makes me want to road trip it right now!

Again, welcome to the R3 forums.
Thanks for the awesome invite man! I drive to Calli and back last summer and totally agree the Midwest is straight torture to those of us lucky enough to love in the Appalachians. What part of New York are you from? Keen Valley and Waterton areas are some of my favorite (and arguable some of the most beautiful) places on the planet- my wife and I took a honeymoon climbing trip up that way and I've been drawn back ever since!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts