Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello R3-Forums,

Just purchased my first bike ever, a brand new 2015 Blue/Silver Yamaha R3 (the beauty was somehow still sitting on the showroom floor in my local dealership). I have longingly watched motorcycles go by me for years and finally this summer to the MSF course (loved every minute of it) and got my endorsement. I spent lots of time researching bikes and for a while had figured when I could I would buy a Kawasaki Ninja.. but then I learned of the Yamaha R3 and fell in love. As a rising senior in college I wasn't going to be able to afford a bigger bike (nor the insurance that went along on top of it) so I was more than happy to get a great deal on an R3 (and a new one at that... I've stalked Vermont's craigslist for months and I don't think I ever saw an R3 go up so there can't be too many around here). Blue/silver was hands-down the way to go, the red/white was alright, as was the black/gray but the blue/silver just got my heart racing like a school boy on prom night.
Super excited to get out riding more, glad to finally be able to join the forums (have been browsing for a while but didn't want to make an account for fear that if I did, the bike would inevitably sell before I got a chance to buy it.. superstition at its finest haha)

Bike is currently all stock but I will probably get a fender eliminator kit at some point, and potentially replace the floppy front turn signals and get an integrated rear light/turn signals. Until then though I'm just going to enjoy riding :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another New Englander! Welcome!

I have the Matte Black 2017 (just got it last month) so I know the feeling.

As you will find here theres a lot of people with fender kits, I got the TST Industries kit along with their LED turn signals for the rear (if you are able to follow a video and have faith in yourself they are easy to wire) and the license plate light. I also replaced the front turn signals with their HALO flush mounts (AWESOME) and have new levers and sliders on the way!

·
Registered
50 Posts
welcome aboard!

those are in facts like the first modifications to the R3... the cheaper and best good looking...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome from North Eastern NY! Where abouts in VT are you located? I'm like 20 mins from VT. When you're comfortable, we could take a nice easy cruise with no hot dogging. Haha. Enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from North Eastern NY! Where abouts in VT are you located? I'm like 20 mins from VT. When you're comfortable, we could take a nice easy cruise with no hot dogging. Haha. Enjoy the new bike!
Thanks man. I go to UVM so I'm around the Burlington area for the most part. Will have to get out and ride sometime!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts