Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
@blackout4763 let us know how things go.

... This is where I wish we had a rider's network to meet - it'd be nice to have a social place that only us VerticalScope forum members can socialize without the nonsense of mainstream social media. Something like a Vertical Scope Powersports Network. See what I did there?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't care about being track ready, bike will be used for commuting, Touring and Hooning around town.

Don't even care about the power, everything from 7hp diesel Motorcycles to a Ninja H2R will excite me
**** yea man LOL! I've always said just that, basically (I'm going to have fun on anything from a CRF 50 to a 600 horsepower turbo Hayabusa!) ;-)

·
Registered
542 Posts
**** yea man LOL! I've always said just that, basically (I'm going to have fun on anything from a CRF 50 to a 600 horsepower turbo Hayabusa!) ;-)
Spoken like true riders my doods. Riden alot of different types of bikes, and enjoyed them all. None as much as Raven of course. Since the throttle breakage ive been rocking a crappy little bmx bike. Just glad to be rolling on two wheels. #bikelife

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@blackout4763 let us know how things go.

... This is where I wish we had a rider's network to meet - it'd be nice to have a social place that only us VerticalScope forum members can socialize without the nonsense of mainstream social media. Something like a Vertical Scope Powersports Network. See what I did there?
Speaking of updates, I did my first burnout today.

I watched the How to do a burnout video on RevZilla a few days ago and when I was riding today I said "**** it", went to a rather empty road and just ripped it, that small cloud of smoke and the smell of burning rubber is something I will cherish for the rest of my life.

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Speaking of updates, I did my first burnout today.

I watched the How to do a burnout video on RevZilla a few days ago and when I was riding today I said "**** it", went to a rather empty road and just ripped it, that small cloud of smoke and the smell of burning rubber is something I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Now that you've figured that out... start looking for "sales" on tires. You'll need the rear sooner than later. ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Or get a longer-lasting one haha! I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 5 as my probable next tire. Expensive...but I think it should be excellent (both grippy for corners and long lasting). I don't know if I'd do burnouts on anything but an old tire that's about done haha. But hey -- good on ya for having a blast!
I got 20,000km out of a road 4 rear, and 30,000km out of a road 3 front. So, although the Road 5s are pricy, you should get decent mileage out of them, without sacrificing on grip, wet or dry.

I should add that I've had two sets of Road 5s on my Street Triple. They're great tyres.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts