Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, bought a grey R3 last month and a friend suggested I find a forum to learn more about my bike so here I am.
I've lurked for about 5 minutes only to find out there's a recall, surprised the dealership sold the bike to me without fixing it so I guess I'm learning already!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there, I am in the Los Angeles (city) area. Yeah, the dealers would do that. A lot of people have been riding up to about 10,000 miles and still have had no issues with the clutch pressure plate or oil pump. So, you do not have to worry as much if you want to keep riding and have not been able to do the recall yet. My recall took about 1hr and 10 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called Yamaha and told them what happened and asked them to send me the letter so I can have it done, honestly didn't expect Yamaha HQ to call the dealership, the dealer called me like 30 minutes after and apologized profusely. I probably got them red flagged lol.
I'm almost at 600mi anyway so I'll just go in and have the first service done while I'm at it...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Called Yamaha and told them what happened and asked them to send me the letter so I can have it done, honestly didn't expect Yamaha HQ to call the dealership, the dealer called me like 30 minutes after and apologized profusely. I probably got them red flagged lol.
I'm almost at 600mi anyway so I'll just go in and have the first service done while I'm at it...
Yeah, they're not supposed to sell any more R3's that haven't been fixed. Its a liability issue for Yamaha, so you bet your ass they called the dealer and asked them WTF were they doing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You do not need them to send you the letter. If you give any Yamaha dealership your VIN they would process it for you. I did not receive my letter just gave them my VIN and was set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts