Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just got my license recently and have been learning the ins and outs of motorcycles (helping a buddy rebuild a 1983 goldwing). I've been a motorcycle lover for as long as i can remember and have always been around them. My Dad owns a 1987 BMW r80 with all original parts, she's such a beautiful bike!

I just bought myself a used blue r3 with 10k miles. She was a little beat up, but with some elbow grease and tlc I've got her back up and purring. She's in the shop for recall and new tires. The rear end on her was in pretty rough shape, but I was able to find all OEM parts pretty cheaply and now I've got her back to stock.

She's already been dropped by the previous owner and has some scuffs on the left front fairing, so I'm looking into some frame sliders, but I'm really at a loss for what to get. I'm also looking to find a better fender eliminator than what came on my bike (no way of having license plate illuminated and held on with double-sided tape). I've got an after market combined tail light coming in though, which I'm so excited for!

Anyways, that's probably enough about me, so here is my baby, my little siren, "Storm Singer".

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome! I went with the TST Industries fender eliminator and I highly recommend it! They have an option for a low profile led plate light but I opted to just use those cheap led plate light/mounting bolts and they look and work great. They also have options for oem, led or no signals if you're getting an integrated tail light anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! I went with the TST Industries fender eliminator and I highly recommend it! They have an option for a low profile led plate light but I opted to just use those cheap led plate light/mounting bolts and they look and work great. They also have options for oem, led or no signals if you're getting an integrated tail light anyway.
Thank you!!! I actually was digging around in my spare parts to take a look at the fender eliminator that was already on my bike. Lo and behold it's a graves. Oops? It was so taped together with double-sided tape I wasn't sure what it was until I really cleaned it off yesterday. So it seems pretty highly rated and sturdy. But I'll have to look for some kind of led lighting.

I was looking at the TST industries plate light, but I'm not sure how easily I would be able to remove it from being mounted. The other option of led bolts seem pretty sturdy. I'll have to take a look at the wiring to see where I can splice in without damaging/mangling the oem wiring. What did you use? I'm looking into posi-tap connectors.

I'm also on the fence if I should just sell it and use the money to buy the TST industries fe or something like what Vagabond does and uses the oem plate light housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts