Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum just got my Yamaha R3 Matte Grey a couple of weeks ago and starting to do couple a mods what's the nicest and loudest exhaust for the R3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think the m4 slayer is probly the loudest hearing videos on YouTube I ordered the slip on akra and installed it and it's quiet I like how it looks but to quiet I'm going to sell it and buy me the m4 .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Loud exhausts aren't nice. They're thunderous noise monsters. I prefer one with medium noise levels, that way I can go fast and be heard by other drivers and I won't wake my neighbors when I take off in the morning. But hey, to each his own. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I think the m4 slayer is probly the loudest hearing videos on YouTube I ordered the slip on akra and installed it and it's quiet I like how it looks but to quiet I'm going to sell it and buy me the m4 .
Send me a pic if you don't mind i'll might buy the Akra from you.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put an M4 Street Slayer slip on for my matte gray r3, I think its plenty loud and looks nice!
I hope you have some kind of engine tuning to go along with that exhaust, it is not a slip on and actually removes the cat from the bike. You are probably making less horsepower than a factory bike and running really, really lean if not. From my first hand experience I would recommend getting something to the tune with sooner rather than later.

I bought my bike used and it came with an SS on it with no tuning or smog removal. I installed the smog removal kit as well as a Bazzaz this weekend that I purchased from Jesse at www.yamahar3racing.com. I highly recommend Jesse, his support and insight are excellent and he included a map for me to get started with for the exhaust.

Anyway, it is like a different bike now that it is running properly. Noticeable increase in bottom end power, smoother across the rev range, no lean cracks and pops on deceleration and maybe its in my head, but the bike sounds like it has a quieter, deeper tone to it since the install.

I can't recommend this mod enough, it made me file like I'm riding a different bike, worth every penny and the install was a lot of fun! Just my $0.02 on the matter.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hope you have some kind of engine tuning to go along with that exhaust, it is not a slip on and actually removes the cat from the bike. You are probably making less horsepower than a factory bike and running really, really lean if not. From my first hand experience I would recommend getting something to the tune with sooner rather than later.

I bought my bike used and it came with an SS on it with no tuning or smog removal. I installed the smog removal kit as well as a Bazzaz this weekend that I purchased from Jesse at www.yamahar3racing.com. I highly recommend Jesse, his support and insight are excellent and he included a map for me to get started with for the exhaust.

Anyway, it is like a different bike now that it is running properly. Noticeable increase in bottom end power, smoother across the rev range, no lean cracks and pops on deceleration and maybe its in my head, but the bike sounds like it has a quieter, deeper tone to it since the install.

I can't recommend this mod enough, it made me file like I'm riding a different bike, worth every penny and the install was a lot of fun! Just my $0.02 on the matter.
I'm looking at the Bazzaz and Power Commander...any reasons you chose the Bazzaz? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking at the Bazzaz and Power Commander...any reasons you chose the Bazzaz? Thanks

I read this article here and spoke to Jesse about it: http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/...p-on-and-stock-exhaust-tuned-with-bazzaz-zfi/

Basically for how I'm modding my bike, I don't really need any of the additional features the PCV offers over the Bazzaz and it doesn't seem like tuning with timing adds any real power on the R3. The Bazzaz was cheaper and it came with a base map specifically for my exhaust included from yamahar3racing, so it was a no brainer for me. I couldn't be happier with my decision, I highly recommend the Bazzaz unit and the service I received from www.yamahar3racing.com.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I keep hearing good things like this with this type of upgrade. Christmas present for myself?! Sorry to bring up Christmas already everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I keep hearing good things like this with this type of upgrade. Christmas present for myself?! Sorry to bring up Christmas already everyone.

I can't recommend it enough. If you have the means, you won't be disappointed with the outcome. I also can't recommend Jesse at yamahar3racing.com enough, if you're going to purchase one, he's your guy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can't recommend it enough. If you have the means, you won't be disappointed with the outcome. I also can't recommend Jesse at yamahar3racing.com enough, if you're going to purchase one, he's your guy.
I heard of Jesse's work and have been to his site many times so we should all feel lucky he "play's" here with us. Thanks for that recommendation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you really think there is much benefit tuning the R3 just because you have a full system...i can't really justify the hundreds of dollars just to find maybe 1 horsepower, i dont think it'd be overly detrimental to the engine...besides the pops and crackles on decel are friggin awesome ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's not about the horsepower gains on a little bike like the r3 unless you're racing it...It's about not having to do an engine rebuild because you're running way too lean and kill the pistons and cylinder heads. A tune is much cheaper than a rebuild!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Do you really think there is much benefit tuning the R3 just because you have a full system...i can't really justify the hundreds of dollars just to find maybe 1 horsepower, i dont think it'd be overly detrimental to the engine...besides the pops and crackles on decel are friggin awesome ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
From what I have researched, running a full exhaust without fuel mgt. mod won't kill your engine in the short run, but over time is not wise. It's also not just about an extra 10-12% horsepower, the fuel mgt. helps ensure a more usable powerband and takes care of the issues with running lean air to fuel.

I agree the cost to benefit ratio for the R3 with regards to full exhaust + fuel mgt. sucks, but if your already $600 + on exhaust, spend another $300 to do it right. If you do the install yourself, the labor savings will pay about $400 of the costs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome!

I really stand by the Two Brothers Racing S1R Full System Exhaust. Nicest roar I've heard on any bike.

https://youtu.be/mUFZco-1ocM Link is to my video of the S1R Exhaust on my R3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts