Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding my CBR600RR at the track last weekend a friend/control rider recommended that I give the R3 a try for the track. So on an impulse I sold my TW200 and bought a 2015 R3. I haven't ridden it yet due to the weather but I love the size of it. I am 5"2 and my 600 is stock height so being able to touch on the R3 is nice. I am looking forward to riding it for the first time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I got my 2016YZF R3 in June. I am a 75 year old rider with numerous various model bikes. I love the R3 for it quick steering and light weight(360lbs.wet). At my age I need a light weight bike and the R3 has it. It is a blast to ride. I used to ride at AMA tracks on my R1. The R3 is not a beginner bike but older riders will be happy with it.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
424 Posts
You'll find riding very different on the R3 compared to the cbr600, it's very forgiving and allows for mistakes that would have caused a crash on the 600. It really forces you to learn and improve your riding which makes a huge impact on your lap times (and racing)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
With the R3, you use ALL the bike, most of the time.
On a literbike... you very rarely use over HALF the bike on the streets.
( Unless you are roll-racing that new Vette or Lambo! ) :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts