Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peoples. Looking into getting a cam. Am liking the models that a tube shaped rather than the go pro style and a mic input is a must.. at this stage the drift stealth 2 is looking good.. any advice or models you would suggest?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the Sena 10C, it's a video, intercom and hands free, it was $420 from a shop in WA, Australia.
Well worth it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Replay XD 1080 Mini Works fine, hundred bucks. You will want to immediately replace the mini SD card that comes with it for a 32Gig tho.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some of these cheapies actually seem ok. Battery life lets some of them down tho. But i may get one for work and keep the drift for the bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chaseontwowheels on Youtube just did a review of the Sena Prism Tube which could be exactly what you're looking for. Id advise checking it out before you make your purchase.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man. Thats the right price and includes a mic. Was set on the drift stealth but now leaning this way :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would advice to go for the Siena 10C. It has almost any feature a rider needs (The best is for sure that you can format the SD card directly on the fly along with changing any sort of parameter without the need of a PC, just on the fly and while riding).

It has mic included and can be embedded in the video recording, obviously Bluetooth and radio. Sound can be activated to record video while you are riding with the music in background, can records your call, radio etc... Battery life is around 3h30 video+sound recording. I advise you to have a look at it (many useful features).

Hope this helps you in your decision.

Pvb.Miles.Away.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Curious - doesn't anyone just use a gopro? I have a Hero4 Black Edition and with a battery pac, or an aftermarket battery, it could have some good battery life and there is no question about quality of video or audio.

The new Hero Session has a smaller form factor with similar battery life too.

I realize the cost is a great deal more though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Curious - doesn't anyone just use a gopro? I have a Hero4 Black Edition and with a battery pac, or an aftermarket battery, it could have some good battery life and there is no question about quality of video or audio.

The new Hero Session has a smaller form factor with similar battery life too.

I realize the cost is a great deal more though.

I have the Hero Session. I originally bought it for snowboarding but I also use it on my bike. The main disadvantage is that there's no replaceable battery or additional battery pack. The main advantage is that it's really small and barely noticeable and the 1080p video quality is real good. You'll need to remember to charge it at home once every few days and use a PC to format the SD card.
At some point I would still get the Sena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi peoples. Looking into getting a cam. Am liking the models that a tube shaped rather than the go pro style and a mic input is a must.. at this stage the drift stealth 2 is looking good.. any advice or models you would suggest?
I have a GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition (they have awful battery). Bought external Mic with it (although the standard mic is good with skeleton back). But yeah, not a lot of help bcus you're not looking for a GoPro lol. My friend has a drift, the only thing he complains about is dropped quality on it. 1080p does not look it. I would suggest going into PC world or somewhere similar and having a look at the demo models.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah, I figured there had to be a catch. I think I may just go buy some gopro mounts and use that for my camera for now. Was debating about where to mount it and I think it makes the most sense to mount it on my helmet so it sees what I see.
I mounted mine on top of the helmet. Just above the visor, now i cant open my visor LOL. Bit of a ****.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Contour roam 3 is a slick tube camera.

Reactions: BluebirdR3

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I have the Sena 10c and I am completely happy with the device. Does everything I need it to do, sounds good and I've taken calls from the road and people don't even know I'm on the bike.

Needs charging after every day of commuting but it's easy enough to pop on and off so it's not a very big deal. I was running a GoPro Hero 3 Black but the battery always dropped dead halfway through my commute (1.5-2 hours each way). With the Sena, I no longer have battery concerns... I can actually go to and from work without a recharge.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I picked up a Sena Prism Tube. Was looking for a device that was small and could record video. In terms of mounting its simple and the provided hardware is easy to install and didn't require me to purchase any additional hardware had I gone with a gopro type setup.

Works great and is simple to use, love having the ability to re-watch my ride later. A lot of fun and I highly recommend checking it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts