Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the hotbodies fender eliminator on my r3, and since they do not include instructions or any bolts/screws, I am stuck. I do not have anything to mount the license plate with on to the fender eliminator. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this already and can help or if anyone has any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it so I can get back to riding!! Thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I just installed the hotbodies fender eliminator on my r3, and since they do not include instructions or any bolts/screws, I am stuck. I do not have anything to mount the license plate with on to the fender eliminator. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this already and can help or if anyone has any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it so I can get back to riding!! Thank you
Did you have a plate attached to your fender before installing this kit? Use those bolts that were holding on your plate..

I have the Vagabond which came with everything except bolts for attaching the license plate
I used the bolts that were already existing on my bike. If you don't have those, any short bolts will do.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It bolts to the two holes under the turn signals. You need to provide the bolts.

I'm glad I didn't go with that kit. The integration is neat, but it look like a piece of cheap plastic (which is unacceptable IMO given the price). Hopefully it holds up for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Let's get back to the OP's original question...

Didn't the bike have a license plate on the original fender? Can't you just use those bolts?!?

I also noticed the poor review the OP made for the product on Revzilla's site. Although I agree that the kit is garbage, the biggest complaint was not fit, finish or overall quality but that the kit didn't come with bolts to mount the plate. Every kit I've seen comes with what's needed to install the kit. License plate hardware is not usually included with these kits.

I agree... Zip tie it on and then pick up $0.40 worth of hardware from Home Depot next time you're out, or order those little reflector bolts from Amazon that a lot of people are liking to use these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts