Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going off track I had a slow lowside in some nasty mud/dirt, the scratches seem more surface than deep into the plastic. WHAT CAN I DO? What do you guys recommend on getting surface scratches out, anything and everything is helpful!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
its plastic.. not much you can do.
Exactly.

You could take the fairing off and polish it the way you would any other panel on a car but in the end, you may only see very minor improvements. Some would tape it off and spray it but it's going to look like @ss.

I would suggest hitting Partzilla... the fairings on this bike are actually pretty inexpensive

·
Registered
113 Posts
Use the fairing you got for the track (scratched up) and buy 'new' fairing for street use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After going off track I had a slow lowside in some nasty mud/dirt, the scratches seem more surface than deep into the plastic. WHAT CAN I DO? What do you guys recommend on getting surface scratches out, anything and everything is helpful!
it's look like you had under 50kmh lowside. i hope you are okay.

about the your problem, scratches doesn't seem that bad, stickers looks good, so polish it. i think it will be enough.

if my eyes are fooling me and your scratches are bad, goto bodywork shop and ask for repaint.

in my country they repair it even it's broken and the cost ~$40

here more ideas that you can do it by yourself:
1- hydrographics ( they look awsome and, easy to do it )
2- get some stickers

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
I would try to hand buff it out with some an abrasive polishing compound. Meguire's Diamond Cut Compound can likely be had at any Napa store or similar place. I've used that on countless scratches and it always comes out. Be sure to follow it with a coat of good wax and you should be good to go. Be careful not to do it on your stickers though!

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's painted plastic. If it wasn't painted an baked on it would be different. You can buy the whole panel for 78 partvilla I believe had the cheapest shipping. Got here in three days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts