Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
yea, it's tricky. On that piece, you slide the top tabs up making sure it seats first while the middle tabs are lined up with the holes. Basically the top tabs and middle tabs must all go in at the same time. Finally snap the bottom tabs in last.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to try it out tomorrow :) it's weird how the smallest thing will bug the heck out of you.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I got my Dremel tool out and ground off the big tab in the middle. These plastic pieces have too many tabs.
The bolts hold them on anyway. Makes it way easier to deal with, when you remove some of the unnecessary extra tabs.
It doesn't need to be a puzzle, but Japanese engineers seem to think it does.
:|

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
I think you can get he-man on that one and more or less connect it while bolted (or nearly bolted) down. Imo the tricky one is the lowest one near the front tire. But once you see the dot that goes in the hole, it makes sense how it's supposed to come apart and go back together. First time was a frustrating head scratcher though.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Ah yes, tricky but not impossible. Undo the bolt, slide the part that is sticking out on first and make sure its clipped on nice and snug. Then pull it towards the bolt hole and it should snap into place. Put the bolt back in and you are good to go. Check yamahar3racing.com for details on how to remove and replace fairings - he has a good write up with pics for everything.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel where it lines up I see it. No matter what I've done minus the one or two thing mentioned up there yet I've tried everything it just won't click

1 - 9 of 9 Posts