Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Has anyone purchased these Rearsets (or similar ones) by any chance?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Adjusta...amaha-YZF-R25-R3-2014-2015-2016-/191793583930

I know they are Chinese and that these have created some serious issues for people but I thought I would give it a shot anyways.
So for some reason they don't include any instructions as all. I installed the shifter side with no issues but on the brake side I found that the bracket it came with doesn't fit the brake light switch and I cant figure out how they expect you to re-mount the brake lever spring (the big spring) and how to mount the master cylinder to the brake lever

If anyone else has installed these, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
rearset

Hi I have fitted shark brand ones (China), these didn't have instructions either, as like you all went well until the rear brake side!.
it was difficult to fit the resevoir back in its original place and i just messed about and replace the length of the bolt etc.

the actual master cylinder, was easy to fit but once again the switch and spring if i remember i used a mix of the original bolts and just managed to attach the spring to a convenient point. I had to be forceful with the brake pipes (mine is the ABS version) but got them on eventually.

as for them being Chinese, i haven't had any issues, in fact for the price i'm more than pleased. I have added a couple of pics they may help.
good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm ok, so do you remember if you re-attached the large brake lever spring? I think i see it in one of your pictures but i cant be sure.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have something similar, dont forget to put loctite on EVERYTHING

mine put together relatively well, I had no problems. You got pics of the issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
Has anyone purchased these Rearsets (or similar ones) by any chance?

I know they are Chinese and that these have created some serious issues for people but I thought I would give it a shot anyways.
So for some reason they don't include any instructions as all. I installed the shifter side with no issues but on the brake side I found that the bracket it came with doesn't fit the brake light switch and I cant figure out how they expect you to re-mount the brake lever spring (the big spring) and how to mount the master cylinder to the brake lever

If anyone else has installed these, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have the same rearset.
I think we have to replace the rear brake switch with a hydraulic one, do an ebay search with the keyword "hydraulic brake switch"
(can not add the link since i am a new member)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought same, not from E-Bay but from aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Adj...32760821168.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.9j5eGi

You had to think a little out of the box to fit them. The brake switch I had to adjust (length) quite a few times and modify the supplied mounting plate, but, patience won the day.

I had to accept a non-level brake arm. You have many choices on the back plate for bolt location.
You also need to modify the brake switch return spring.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts