Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a yamaha place and checked out the R3, the price is said to be $4,995 and when i asked the people about out the door price, they told me that it would be around $6500 with everything, including plates, tax, registrations, and other things that i wasn't able to catch or remember. I never bought a bike yet and this would be my first one and i was thinking that an extra $1500 for all the extra stuff. Is it just me or is it the right price?
They broke the price down for me, they said
R3 - $4,999
Freight - $500
Assemble - $300
License - $175
Plates & register - $200
Tax - $350

Are these even necessary?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I went to a yamaha place and checked out the R3, the price is said to be $4,995 and when i asked the people about out the door price, they told me that it would be around $6500 with everything, including plates, tax, registrations, and other things that i wasn't able to catch or remember. I never bought a bike yet and this would be my first one and i was thinking that an extra $1500 for all the extra stuff. Is it just me or is it the right price?
They broke the price down for me, they said
R3 - $4,999
Freight - $500
Assemble - $300
License - $175
Plates & register - $200
Tax - $350

Are these even necessary?

That Freight and Assembly is way high. Should be closer to $350 for a decent deal. Under $6K out the door is more typical. As mentioned in other threads, give COSTCO a call and see if they have any local Yamaha dealerships on their list for their Vehicle Buying Program....

Also, the total for License, Plates and Registration seems REALLY high. Mine was $152.00 in Colorado. What state are you in and does that seem normal to you?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where do you live? Usually its around 6000 otd these days, but then you got to consider where you live.

Freight and assemble generally should be one thing and around 400 bucks. License and registration should be just one cost as well around 200 or less. It seems like the dealer is splitting things and adding cost to make more money.

But this is basically everything fangshui stated, so I'm just reinforcing what he said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just moved to florida so im not really familiar with the prices, that's why i wanted to ask and make sure that i wasn't the only one who thought it was too pricey

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here is the link to the R3 Riders Map. Check out the others who live in Florida and maybe PM any that live within the distance you're willing to travel and see what they paid, and where they bought from.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=zd7_fkY0qF4c.kF_qxIH24W3Q
PM is not allowed until 15 post :(
I had the same thought but end up just had to go with a local dealer with better service instead even I have to prepare for a 30mile ride as my first trip, a lot to prepare prior to get one!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
PM is not allowed until 15 post :(
I had the same thought but end up just had to go with a local dealer with better service instead even I have to prepare for a 30mile ride as my first trip, a lot to prepare prior to get one!
You could always start a thread "Price Paid in Florida? Help!"

Or just reply to some more posts with just a "Nice!" to get your 15 in. Members understand how the Forum works and won't get mad about that....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts