Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya,

I planned on doing the R3 clip on mod by placing em below the T Clamp. To solve the clearance Issue I ordered a Quick Action Throttle Clamp to reroute the cables overhead. But Unfortunately this requires an aftermarket Engine Kill/ Starter Switch too, so I went ahead and ordered one too from the same seller. But the switch came with just Cimped Wires and no plug and play connector. Anyone has an idea what do I do to make it fit accordingly to fit the connector to the stock one.?? Would be great help <3 any Wiring Diagram for the switch or something would do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you don't plan on using the stock switches then an easy way would be to cut the connector off the stock one, pull the wires and replace with the new ones. If the connector is a type that you can't pull wires out of and put new ones in, then buy a new connector just like that and put your wires in that in the same pattern.

Reactions: Rgasm

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for, but when I installed my rev2 Jesse advised me to get a kill switch off eBay from an R6. The plug isn't identical, but the wire colors are except for the ones that go to the brake light switch. Once I figured that out I just pulled the pins from both connectors and swapped in the wires to the r6 switch.

With the setup you have now you'll most likely need to splice into the stock wiring. I'm not the greatest at reading wiring diagrams, but I'll look over the service manual and hopefully get back to you with something helpful.

Edit:
Here's the wiring diagram for the factory switch.

68. Complete switch
69. Front brake light switch (yellow or yellow/red to brake light; brown to signal system fuse)
70. Start switch (blue/white to starting circuit cut-off relay; black to ground)
71. Engine stop switch (red/white to radiator fan motor then to diode 2; red/black to ignition coils then to fuel pump and starting circuit cut-off relay)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for, but when I installed my rev2 Jesse advised me to get a kill switch off eBay from an R6. The plug isn't identical, but the wire colors are except for the ones that go to the brake light switch. Once I figured that out I just pulled the pins from both connectors and swapped in the wires to the r6 switch.

With the setup you have now you'll most likely need to splice into the stock wiring. I'm not the greatest at reading wiring diagrams, but I'll look over the service manual and hopefully get back to you with something helpful.

Edit:

68. Complete switch
69. Front brake light switch (yellow or yellow/red to brake light; brown to signal system fuse)
70. Start switch (blue/white to starting circuit cut-off relay; black to ground)
71. Engine stop switch (red/white to radiator fan motor then to diode 2; red/black to ignition coils then to fuel pump and starting circuit cut-off relay)

Hope this helps.
Thanks this is the exact thing I was looking for. and yes my swapping has similar mods as the R6 ebay switch one. so I ll just have this provided to my mechanic so he can make the splicing and wires slotted acc into the connectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't plan on using the stock switches then an easy way would be to cut the connector off the stock one, pull the wires and replace with the new ones. If the connector is a type that you can't pull wires out of and put new ones in, then buy a new connector just like that and put your wires in that in the same pattern.
Thanks I ll be doing that! I am just not a fan of snipping the stock wires and soldering them and ****. I ll try to look for a 6 wire male connector for the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Edit:

68. Complete switch

Hope this helps.
Reviving an old thread, but do you have a full size color wiring diagram for the R3? The only diagram I've found is black and white and for the Australian model (similar, but with some differences).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
255 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts