Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should start by saying that I have been a long time reader of this forum for awhile now, and I bought my Yamaha R3 end of last season from an original owner who like a lot of people grew out of it quickly.

I did almost every mod possible, lovely bike... lots of fun with it...Zero gravity windscreen, matching brake master cylinder, and revisor... Custom M4 exhaust, blue LED's... Blue grips, shorty levers, all shaved LED lights, tidy tail, etc... etc...

Im also a photographer and I tool some lovely photos which I will enclose.

The bike had 3100 miles on it when it and I almost met my demise about a month a ago.
Some dumb broad pulled directly out of a blind alley way onto the highway where I was going about 40mph, I Only had about 30 feet to slow down, but ultimately hit her car and flipped directly over her vehicle.

I suffered 2 broken legs, a couple cracked ribs, concussion , contusion, etc.... I spent 2 weeks in hospital surgeries and such, and another 2 weeks in a rebab home to learn life without the use of my legs for the time being and for the b=next 4 or 5 months ---- still need another surgery for an ACL repair, but I am home now and I am okay.... no road rash, no brain issues despite lack of helmet (lucky me)

The front of my bike ... most of that plastic, headlights, fairings, etc.... is jacked up, the forks for sheared off, and it looks like I actually in my 2.5 seconds of making a decision of how to crash downshifted, Power Broke with both breaks and hit the Kill switch.... Muscle memory I guess...

Anyhow --- The insurance is gonna total my baby, whom is named Genevieve and I can't bitch too much about the amount as it has a lot of aftermartket parts on it.

They also offered me a "Buyback" for around $750 (Aprox) if I want whats left of the bike.

I like in Wisconsin - half way between Milwaukee and Chicago.

So I am wondering from all you find people in my brotherhood if its a luceritave decision to do a buyback and a part out -- ming you of course that the riding season here ends in about Sept - October which is probably when I will finally start getting to the point of me using crutches - So My mechanic abilities non are pretty much ZERO.

Also if anyone has any interest As A whole - I would like to make some extra $$ off of it - These medical bills are not cheap and I'm losing a good portion of the year. So any extra $$ right now if very helpful. I guess the bike does start right up and runs. Rev' runs, etc... just no steering obviously. and the plastic is a mess.

clean title - I bought it cash.

Anyways ---

Here is a dropbox link with some enclosed photos.

And you can email me at RobbNoel (@) me.com

if you should have any questions, or should there be any interest

I loved the bike, fun, racy == Redline loving' little beast that looked sexy as ****...

But onto either a new r6 or a FZ-09 are on the top of my contenders list currently.

Dropbox link.

Well.... That didn't work, I have ZERO post, thus can not post links///

Let me try it this way. if this doesn't work, just email be for a a link.

dropbox.com/sh/rsmanqemc1avfu5/AACdFaxZg56qu753heRn4lBfa?dl=0

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I should start by saying that I have been a long time reader of this forum for awhile now, and I bought my Yamaha R3 end of last season from an original owner who like a lot of people grew out of it quickly.

I did almost every mod possible, lovely bike... lots of fun with it...Zero gravity windscreen, matching brake master cylinder, and revisor... Custom M4 exhaust, blue LED's... Blue grips, shorty levers, all shaved LED lights, tidy tail, etc... etc...

Im also a photographer and I tool some lovely photos which I will enclose.

The bike had 3100 miles on it when it and I almost met my demise about a month a ago.

Some dumb broad pulled directly out of a blind alley way onto the highway where I was going about 40mph, I Only had about 30 feet to slow down, but ultimately hit her car and flipped directly over her vehicle.

I suffered 2 broken legs, a couple cracked ribs, concussion , contusion, etc.... I spent 2 weeks in hospital surgeries and such, and another 2 weeks in a rebab home to learn life without the use of my legs for the time being and for the b=next 4 or 5 months ---- still need another surgery for an ACL repair, but I am home now and I am okay.... no road rash, no brain issues despite lack of helmet (lucky me)

The front of my bike ... most of that plastic, headlights, fairings, etc.... is jacked up, the forks for sheared off, and it looks like I actually in my 2.5 seconds of making a decision of how to crash downshifted, Power Broke with both breaks and hit the Kill switch.... Muscle memory I guess...

Anyhow --- The insurance is gonna total my baby, whom is named Genevieve and I can't bitch too much about the amount as it has a lot of aftermartket parts on it.

They also offered me a "Buyback" for around $750 (Aprox) if I want whats left of the bike.

I like in Wisconsin - half way between Milwaukee and Chicago.

So I am wondering from all you find people in my brotherhood if its a luceritave decision to do a buyback and a part out -- ming you of course that the riding season here ends in about Sept - October which is probably when I will finally start getting to the point of me using crutches - So My mechanic abilities non are pretty much ZERO.

Also if anyone has any interest As A whole - I would like to make some extra $$ off of it - These medical bills are not cheap and I'm losing a good portion of the year. So any extra $$ right now if very helpful. I guess the bike does start right up and runs. Rev' runs, etc... just no steering obviously. and the plastic is a mess.

clean title - I bought it cash.

Anyways ---

Here is a dropbox link with some enclosed photos.

And you can email me at RobbNoel (@) me.com

if you should have any questions, or should there be any interest

I loved the bike, fun, racy == Redline loving' little beast that looked sexy as ****...

But onto either a new r6 or a FZ-09 are on the top of my contenders list currently.

Dropbox link.

Well.... That didn't work, I have ZERO post, thus can not post links///

Let me try it this way. if this doesn't work, just email be for a a link.

dropbox.com/sh/rsmanqemc1avfu5/AACdFaxZg56qu753heRn4lBfa?dl=0

Thanks Guys.

Glad to hear your back home and in good spirits fellow rider!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys --- kenosha.

Racine/Kenosha area?

Yeah - kenosha.

Bike is curently at redline cycles
For the appraisal, but parts, labor, and paint add up quickly.

Racine/Kenosha area?

Yeah - kenosha.

Racine/Kenosha area?

Yeah - kenosha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you are ok. That said, if helmets are not for you, I don't think the R6 is either, or any bike for that matter.

True true.

I should wear helmets. I have one, a pricey one .... but I just lose some of the joy of riding and my senses when it's in.

I've not yet strived to be that guy wrapped in full leather head to to toe listening to the touchscreen stereo while feeling the simulated air from the vents as I safe Safeily hear the reassuring click of my blinkner as I easily and fearlessly round a corner on my can-am spyder while giving the 2 finger piece sign to the hipster and his girl on the rent a mopeds.

Not quite there yet 4 me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear you are ok. That said, if helmets are not for you, I don't think the R6 is either, or any bike for that matter.

True true.

I should wear helmets. I have one, a pricey one .... but I just lose some of the joy of riding and my senses when it's on - wind in the hair thing.

I've not yet strived to be that guy wrapped in full leather head to to toe listening to the touchscreen stereo while feeling the simulated air from the vents as I Safeily hear the reassuring click of my blinkner as I easily and fearlessly round a corner on my can-am spyder while giving the 2 finger piece sign to the hipster and his girl on the rent a mopeds.

Not quite there yet 4 me.[/QUOTE?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Well brother, at the rate you are going with all your injuries, if you don't wise up and start getting used to the gear associated with riding a bike, you might be stuck with no other options except a can am. I heard nothing but excuses on why not to protect yourself in your post. You don't even need to be full on leather to protect yourself. Good luck, and heal up fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts