Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rider just got this new bike which was the last of the dealer's 2016 stock with a small discount, this was after looking at a Honda CBR500R which felt a little too big for me to handle as a first bike. I'm small guy around 5' 4" and weigh in just under 60kg. Currently just running the new engine in, and very impressed of the power delivery compared to the 125cc bikes, which not so long ago, I learned and pass my test on. I've been on a few twisties roads, keeping the bike in the 4-7k rpm range during the first 500km new engine run in, shifting through all gears and have on a few occasions touched 9-10k rpm when tucking in to get onto the highway, which was mind blowing. Awesome first bike, so far really enjoying it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm a new rider just got this new bike which was the last of the dealer's 2016 stock with a small discount, this was after looking at a Honda CBR500R which felt a little too big for me to handle as a first bike. I'm small guy around 5' 4" and weigh in just under 60kg. Currently just running the new engine in, and very impressed of the power delivery compared to the 125cc bikes, which not so long ago, I learned and pass my test on. I've been on a few twisties roads, keeping the bike in the 4-7k rpm range during the first 500km new engine run in, shifting through all gears and have on a few occasions touched 9-10k rpm when tucking in to get onto the highway, which was mind blowing. Awesome first bike, so far really enjoying it.
My bike info:
Year: 2016/17
Colour: Blue/Silver
Mods:
- Vagabond fender eliminator
- Vagabond frame sliders
- Puig carbon fiber rear tire guard
- Techspec tank grips

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!
Where do you live? What part of the world!

Once break in period ends... have run twisting the throttle and revving this bike up :)
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm from the UK and currently based in far-east Asia for work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·