Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suh dude

Not really any meet ups/ Group events that i'm aware of, But to be honest i've just started riding, I've been riding my friends R3 and will be going out to georgetown, austin to pick up my bike on the 11th, Definetly down for some riding but it would have to be on the weekends, I'm booked the entire week monday through friday with work and i dont get off until 8:30pm each day. But i'm definetly looking for a group of friends about 1-5 riders to meet up each week, Or whatever. I'm just throwing things out there, Theres no solid plans lel. But would be cool to meet up some day and go out for a ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey!

I'm in the Dallas downtown area too. I don't know about any specific group rides, but I know that I've been looking to ride with others. My R3 is in the shop for a few days though due to a burnt-out starter relay, but it should be back in business by next weekend.

P.S. those are great customizations to start out with, would love to hear how that slip-on sounds. I've also been looking into LED lights, so I would say go for it. The current ones are pretty mild and too warm of a color

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello from Houston. Bike looks great. I wanted a white one but didn't want to pay extra for the ABS. At the end of this month I plan on riding to Dallas to give me my first really long ride with my R3. I plan on trying out some of the tollways in Dallas. That is if I have my toll tag by then, I ordered it 3 weeks ago.

About meetups, I'd recommend the Two Wheeled Texans forum. Of course it's not R3 specific, but there are alot of fine bikers over there. Many of them have sportbikes.

Reactions: TViv_R3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured the ABS was worth the extra money for the 1-2 times I would ever need it but definitely wanted the white regardless haha
Oh that should be fun. 121 is a good straight highway, but as long as the license plate is linked to your TollTag, you don't actually need the sticker. I keep the sticker off my car and have no issue with it.

And thanks! I'll definitely check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice on levers!
I'm in the DFW area too and i host group rides typically every month, excluding this month lol, but i'll be hosting one in september. You're gonna love the R3, such a fun bike.
I post my events on my Facebook page if you're ever interested, it's awesome to meet more R3 riders in the area, hope to see you at one of the group rides sometime, ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Nice choice on levers!

I'm in the DFW area too and i host group rides typically every month, excluding this month lol, but i'll be hosting one in september. You're gonna love the R3, such a fun bike.

I post my events on my Facebook page if you're ever interested, it's awesome to meet more R3 riders in the area, hope to see you at one of the group rides sometime, ride safe and have fun!

I didn't know you were in DFW area! I've seen some of your videos on YouTube. That's awesome, Looking forward to your group rides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome,

The white is sure different from all the blue's and grey's, stick a few flashing blue/red led's and it can be a cop bike :)

Enjoy the bike and ride safe :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts