Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't gotten an R3 yet, but planning to get one in the next couple of weeks (hopefully the sexy 2016 matte grey :D).

I'll be taking it for a test ride next week. Can't wait to get on the road with it, although I am a bit nervous as I have almost no experience except the basic course required to get my learner licence. :|

Any tips for the first ride?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Haven't gotten an R3 yet, but planning to get one in the next couple of weeks (hopefully the sexy 2016 matte grey :D).

I'll be taking it for a test ride next week. Can't wait to get on the road with it, although I am a bit nervous as I have almost no experience except the basic course required to get my learner licence. :|

Any tips for the first ride?

Thanks!
Welcome! The grey one is a great choice.

1st ride? Easy Peasy. Get out of the city. Practice things you learned in the basic course until they become automatic.

First longish ride? Hwys 15 and 33 to Cessnock via Wiseman's Ferry, Mangrove Creek, Kulnura, Bucketty, Laguna and Wollombi.

http://motorcycleparadise.blogspot.com/2008/05/australias-best-motorcycle-roads.html

Come back via The Putty Road with a stop at the Grey Gum Cafe or Halfway Roadhouse

http://motorcycleparadise.blogspot.com/2007/03/best-motorcycle-roads-in-australia-9.html

If you can do it on a weekday when there is less traffic that would be better....ride at your own pace. Lots of straight roads and curves to practice on. Pull over if traffic pushes you and let them go by. Enjoy the ride and the scenery...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! The grey one is a great choice.
Thanks! Received the bike yesterday and rode around my suburb. Was good fun and starting to get used to shifting and braking (and turning off the indicator manually :laugh:).

Got a complaint from one of my neighbours because of the noise haha.>:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome! Good to see another fellow Aussie! R3 will do you well. Take your time when out there and remember to assume that no one has seen you and everyone is out to kill you. You be there eyes. Take it easy and learn your bike. Ride safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Good to see another fellow Aussie!
Hey! Another Sydney R3 rider, glad to see you on here.
Thanks! I went to the netrider session last week and it was great. Also went on a ride to Windsor afterwards.

Loving the bike so far, and trying to join as many riding groups as possible. Always looking for an excuse to get on the bike haha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys, I'm located in western Sydney (Penrith area) if you guys are interested in a fun ride eventually?!

Hit me up with a message? Or reply on here and we'll get in touch :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Skills, **** yeah im interested. Im planning on doing a ride out to Burragorang Lookout and through Picton this weekend, its a little south for you but its a relaxing stress-free ride with plenty of wide, sweeping corners. Ill post up here when I'll be going :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts