Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have the blue r3, and i love the way that the new suzuki 750's look with the blue and hi vis graphics and am planning on making my bike look the same way in styling. I'm interested in hi-vis for safety reasons as well as I think that yellow looks sick on bikes. I just wanted to ask opinions on what is better, and if anyone has experiences with paint, vinyl, or plasti dip. I have some experience with vinyl, but i'm thinking about going the plasti dip route. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
111 Posts
PlastiDip gets expensive if you do it right. Base coat, main coat, glossifier clear coat (or pearlizer). Easy to remove but also easy to damage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I dipped another bike once and didn't care for it at all. Weird texture, tough to clean and peeled up /chipped for almost anything. I had 5-6 layers of color and 2-3 of clear as recommended (maybe even more) I took it all off a month or two later, it just wasn't for me.

It didn't cost me much but I still thought it was a waste. Have you considered just getting pinstriping and working with that? I'm not sure exactly what you had planned but that may be a good option. It'll look good and be easy to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts