Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit never used, bike was totaled and never installed it. Lights are 6000K, kit is from "sportbikelites.com
Includes everything that came with it. $75 including shipping, PayPal is best.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found the listing; seems legit.

Questions!
  1. The kit looks generic, is there a reason you bought from sportbikelites.com specifically?
  2. Have the bulbs been touched by bare skin (apparently this voids the warranty)?
  3. Why are the bulbs wrapped with green electrical tape?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the listing; seems legit.

Questions!
  1. The kit looks generic, is there a reason you bought from sportbikelites.com specifically?
  2. Have the bulbs been touched by bare skin (apparently this voids the warranty)?
  3. Why are the bulbs wrapped with green electrical tape?
I don't think they are generic, I took a picture including the serial number on the converter/transformer whatever it's called. Might show the same on their site. The green tape is to hold on the plastic covers for the lights do they can't be touched until taken off. It's everything I got with the kit, just been sitting in a box, my bike is totalled so I'll never use it. If it's questionable I'll sell it for less, I'll never use it. I've not tested it or anything but it is brand new and never used. Sold as is since I've no way to try it out.
anyone else here instal One of these to confirm everythings there you'll need to make this work?
If nobody wants it I'll just recycle it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they are generic, I took a picture including the serial number on the converter/transformer whatever it's called. Might show the same on their site. The green tape is to hold on the plastic covers for the lights do they can't be touched until taken off. It's everything I got with the kit, just been sitting in a box, my bike is totalled so I'll never use it. If it's questionable I'll sell it for less, I'll never use it. I've not tested it or anything but it is brand new and never used. Sold as is since I've no way to try it out.
anyone else here instal One of these to confirm everythings there you'll need to make this work?
If nobody wants it I'll just recycle it.
It does look a little different than their pictures so I'm honestly not positive.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the kit originally from a guy here by the name of -Kenji Mapes- , not sure if he's still here.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't seem easy to find another HID Kit, other than from NiceCycles.com ($129.99) or XenonHIDS.com (out of stock).
I will say this - if these do end up working, that is quite a deal at asking price.
Yeah I thought so, rather have someone safer on their R3 than just put them in the trash. I often rode home from work in the dark and the stock lights weren't quite enough. I miss it regardless

·
Registered
146 Posts
Right.

For some time (before I started reading the Repair Manual), I thought stock lights weren't bright enough either, but then read the section on how to adjust the up/down tilt of the headlights and ever since then, you could say it made a night and day difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts