Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had a question from a subscriber on other locations to install turn signals, so I did a video for the front hidden on the top part of the headlights the front fender hides the strips when activated its bright enough to let oncoming traffic know that you will be turning. For the rear I installed the extra turn signals on the rear foot peg brackets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bump. I found this video. I am interested in doing the same mod on the front. Like R3Modifier, I also have the TST flush mount front turn signals. They look really good but the visibility from the front of the bike is poor in my opinion. I am always concerned that oncoming traffic can't see that I am indicating I am turning, especially during the daytime. Adding these LED strips above the headlights seems like a good idea to resolve that. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if they are happy with the results.

·
Registered
306 Posts
IMO oncoming traffic not gonna able to tell which direction you're going since the turn signal are so close together. There's a reason why the stock turn signal stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
31 Posts
IMO oncoming traffic not gonna able to tell which direction you're going since the turn signal are so close together. There's a reason why the stock turn signal stick out like a sore thumb.
I agree that it might be confusing to ongoing traffic which way I am trying to turn. But at least they can see that I am trying to turn (right or left). Right now, with the flush mounts, the daytime visibility is so poor that they can't see that I am trying to turn at all. That's even more dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts