Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I usually leave the hi beam on all the time. During the day for safety (visibility to others). I don't ride much after dark because I can't see very well in oncoming traffic, but when I do ride at night, I leave the hi beam on unless somebody flicks their brights at me. Then I switch it to lo beam till I pass them, then back to my brights.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bumping this back up.. I am trying to decide is riding with high beam on even at day is a d1ck move.. lol

Oh and people frequently telling me I have a headlight out.. Argh.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bumping this back up.. I am trying to decide is riding with high beam on even at day is a d1ck move.. lol

Oh and people frequently telling me I have a headlight out.. Argh.
I ride with low beam all the time, but if the roads get too dark at night or if car in front starts acting funny I'll use high beam. Rather have some one tell me a light is out, as it's legal for motorcycles to have only one headlight, then at least they've acknowledged me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a dual HID setup that allows me to have low beams on all the time but flick on the high beam when needed in the one side. I think I got them from Hard Racing.
Interesting. Did you remove a piece in the reflector to stop the dazzling, and what is the response time of the high beams using HID's?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Nope I didn't do anything to it. There is something in the bulb or something, I don't know exactly. Response time is great. I did have to drill out the center of my dust caps and then I found a couple of rubber grommets with holes in the middle at Lowes so I could feed the wires in and that helps to keep some dust and crap out so it still looks like it could have come like that from the factory.

It's on this page here, scroll down to the dual HID kit.

http://hardracing.com/HIDLights.htm

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nope I didn't do anything to it. There is something in the bulb or something, I don't know exactly. Response time is great. I did have to drill out the center of my dust caps and then I found a couple of rubber grommets with holes in the middle at Lowes so I could feed the wires in and that helps to keep some dust and crap out so it still looks like it could have come like that from the factory.

It's on this page here, scroll down to the dual HID kit.

http://hardracing.com/HIDLights.htm
Nice, will look into these. Just a little bit cautious about drilling into dusk caps but the rubber grommets should stop any drops of water getting in and prevent condensation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts