Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

just purchased a Red R3 last week with the CF Akrapovic Exhaust.

Still on my Learners but have already clocked up 50km riding with my Brother who has been riding for 8 years.

Getting very confident on the bike and love it to death, Yamaha have done a awesome job with the R3 and its a great bike to learn on.

Hoping my pass my Practical test in a few weeks times so I can ride alone.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Hi All

just purchased a Red R3 last week with the CF Akrapovic Exhaust.

Still on my Learners but have already clocked up 50km riding with my Brother who has been riding for 8 years.

Getting very confident on the bike and love it to death, Yamaha have done a awesome job with the R3 and its a great bike to learn on.

Hoping my pass my Practical test in a few weeks times so I can ride alone.
Welcome!

The R3 sure beats a Postie Bike, eh?

Cheers!

·
Registered
52 Posts
when you say ride alone, what do you mean. On a learners in Oz are you forced 2 up? LOL i assume its with some kind of a guide or whatever, speed restricted as well?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If it is in autralia like in Quebec,Canada, you can only ride while being accompanied by another person (on another bike) who has a full licence. This is until you pass your last road test and deemed good to ride alone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been driving a Manual Car for over 15 years, so i know the road rules already and know all about traffic flow.

In Australia since I already have a Car licence and only a Learners for a motorbike R-E (Power/Weight Ratio Restriction) I'm only allowed to ride with another rider Following me on there own bike, with the same licence or higher with experience of 2 years or more.

I have my Final Prac test booked in for early August then I can ride alone with only the Power/Weight Ratio being my only restriction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome, hope you are enjoying the ride. what state you from? I'm in Brisbane and did a Qride course and past it. Now I can ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts