Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting. Is this what you guys absolutely top out at? I've hit 118 on mine quite a few times.

I'm in Canada so it reads 190 kmh Once I've gone 195

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. Is this what you guys absolutely top out at? I've hit 118 on mine quite a few times.

I'm in Canada so it reads 190 kmh Once I've gone 195

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

This is not what I top out at, I haven't yet but did get up to 114 mph. It was an old video when I just purchased the bike a year ago. I will maybe try when weather gets better around here and post video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I want to get mine broken in so I can see what mine will top out at. I'm older and pretty much done with going fast, but gotta try it once :) I wonder if mine will hit 100mph with my 220 lb fat butt on it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Crazy mofo's ... the thread title should be changed to "how to lose your license" :D

having said that, most are law abiding riders only doing this on the track and not on the public high way *cough* b u 1 1 $ h 1 t*cough*

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crazy mofo's ... the thread title should be changed to "how to lose your license" :D

having said that, most are law abiding riders only doing this on the track and not on the public high way *cough* b u 1 1 $ h 1 t*cough*

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm 230 and I hit an indicated 112 (very long straight highway without much in the way).

I hit 120 on my new bike on the way home without hardly blinking >_< hahaha

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm 230 and I hit an indicated 112 (very long straight highway without much in the way).

I hit 120 on my new bike on the way home without hardly blinking >_< hahaha

That's why I like the R3 in aspect to be able to ride a "smaller" bike fast than a "bigger" bike slow. Plus, not getting into too much trouble with the law or kill myself

·
Registered
346 Posts
Totally agree, if I could afford to have both, I totally would. There's aspects of the R3 I miss but I don't think I would have the R3 as my only bike now that I've had a taste :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Totally agree, if I could afford to have both, I totally would. There's aspects of the R3 I miss but I don't think I would have the R3 as my only bike now that I've had a taste :p

Man, wish I could afford two bikes as well!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

I've yet to meet a car driver or bike rider who has never broken the law by not going above the speed limit.

Regarding not getting too much in trouble, that doesn't even make sense. Doing 80 in a 40 is the same whether you do it on a Busa or an R3. The sudden stop from a fall at 100 on an R6 is just as deadly on an R3.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I've yet to meet a car driver or bike rider who has never broken the law by not going above the speed limit.

Regarding not getting too much in trouble, that doesn't even make sense. Doing 80 in a 40 is the same whether you do it on a Busa or an R3. The sudden stop from a fall at 100 on an R6 is just as deadly on an R3.

True, but topping out at 112mph is better than getting into bike wreck anything above that. For the younger guys that think they are invincible still. I'm too old for that and have wife and kids.I mean getting in trouble or wreck above 100mph (every scenario is different) but is definitely a better chance of being fatal. Also, I like to twist the throttle, in a bigger bike that might be something more than you bargain for. The R3 doesn't give you a chance to get into "trouble" meaning anything above 100mph. Try getting caught doing >200mph vs. a ticket doing 95mph
Also, that twist of the throttle will always want to you to get to higher speeds every time you are out riding, trouble.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was only able to get the r3 to like 115sh, full tuck downward slope on a highway. And it took some decent time now I remember why I got a 750

1 - 20 of 23 Posts