Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my first prototype of my fender eliminator. Im currently having it powder coated to see how it will look on the bike before I go making a cleaner version. If I comes out nice Ill throw out the measurements and a tutorial on how to make it. Made it at home with a cutoff wheel, drill and a hammer so its not the prettiest.. Im imputing all the measurements and angles into Solidworks and plan to cut it out on the plasma table at work next.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
That looks interesting. I would be interested in measurements and a tutorial.
I don't have access to a plasma cutter, but I do have a Dremel, drill, and a bunch of hammers.
I always thought that over $100 was an outrageous price for something like this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks interesting. I would be interested in measurements and a tutorial.
I don't have access to a plasma cutter, but I do have a Dremel, drill, and a bunch of hammers.
I always thought that over $100 was an outrageous price for something like this.
Right now its not perfect. Its a little jagged but it does the job. Im only into it for about $10 of 12x12 16g of steel sheet and about 3 hours. I still have to design something for a plate light and get rid of those ugly turn signals.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Right now its not perfect. Its a little jagged but it does the job. Im only into it for about $10 of 12x12 16g of steel sheet and about 3 hours. I still have to design something for a plate light and get rid of those ugly turn signals.
I just put Oxford mini indicators on my other bike. Small, light, and very bright as they use a small halogen bulb.
Did you consider using aluminium, or do you think it would fatigue and crack?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just put Oxford mini indicators on my other bike. Small, light, and very bright as they use a small halogen bulb.
Did you consider using aluminium, or do you think it would fatigue and crack?
Im considering putting a led strip on either side of the tail light to wiring them for turn signals. Its something different. And I am considering making it out of aluminum. When I 3d model everything I'm going to run a stress test and see how it plays out. If it works out well, I'll plasma cut one of those too and give it a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts