Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless it has an aluminum frame and swing arm, thus saving a lot of weight, I don't see moving from a R3, 320cc down to a 250cc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Our concept looked beyond realistic aswell. Once the restrictions to build the ultimate concept kickes in, it will appear as boring as those CBR'S. With russian colour styling of course♡

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Japan still have the old 250cc and 400cc licensing tiers?
I believe Honda will offer the new bike with more displacement to bring it up to the power to weight limit of the new Euro A2 standard of .2kW/ kg. So something like 360 pounds and 42 hp out of 340cc's with a moderate 12,500 redline. To compete with and surpass the performance of the RC390.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Unless it has an aluminum frame and swing arm, thus saving a lot of weight, I don't see moving from a R3, 320cc down to a 250cc.
If they brought the 250rr back I definitely would grab it. USD forks, Nissin calipers and MC, sub 400, I would definitely pick it up. The 250rr was making around 10hp more than he R3. Bring back the small bore I4s please.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you want a 19,000 rpm 250cc supersport if it cost $11,000?
The concept bike looks like a steel frame twin that they could actually afford sell.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If they brought the 250rr back I definitely would grab it. USD forks, Nissin calipers and MC, sub 400, I would definitely pick it up. The 250rr was making around 10hp more than he R3. Bring back the small bore I4s please.
I've been racing against a 250rr this season. Cool little screamer, but our R3 pulls it on the straights...even before we did motor work. I do drool over those upside down forks, though. :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Would you want a 19,000 rpm 250cc supersport if it cost $11,000?
The concept bike looks like a steel frame twin that they could actually afford sell.
Of course not. Where did you get that guesstimate price? I would bet they would know better than to price it at the same price as their 600s.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My other racebike build is a 1990 MC22,
they were $11,000Au ($8k USD) in the 90's.
I paid $400 for it same week I bought the R3 home.

It has 3hp more rwhp but only between 14-17,500rpm and less torque.
My R3 would probably hose it in laptimes unless I spend a fortune on the MC22 suspension, time will tell. In race trim the R3 has waay more weight to come off, making them equal.

IF this bike was built today and passed emmissions and Lams (Learner approved Motorcycle scheme) laws its would be a $20,000 bike

USA complains about R3 prices if its $99 more than a Ninja, or no ABS or 'cheaping out on heel guards' haha USA total sales would be zero.
It would make a 2015 R1 seem like an absolute bargain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts