Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :3

I'm taking a defensive driving course in mid-June and hope to be purchasing a new 2017 R3 once I've completed the course! (Still can't decided on the white or black, ugh..)

I decided to join here early due to excitement and wanting to start learning about my future "baby" ^.^

Very happy to be here, it's terrific to have found a forum that is dedicated to the R3!

-Fetti

·
Registered
199 Posts
You will get a lot of opinions on ABS.. I took the standpoint that while great, I prefer to learn without it.. bad things can happen going from ABS to a bike without if you are use to having it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You will get a lot of opinions on ABS.. I took the standpoint that while great, I prefer to learn without it.. bad things can happen going from ABS to a bike without if you are use to having it.
^ That's actually a good point - bad things can also happen without ABS if you're trying to react (try wet roads and emergency braking). I don't feel ABS is really necessary on the R3 - it's balanced enough to not be problematic in most instances.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I don't feel ABS is needed on a bike like the R3, unless you commute in the rain all the time
and don't feel like you can trust your own riding skills. I never ride in the rain.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome! By defense driving, do you mean an actual motorcycle safety course? good luck, it's tons of fun, and be safe.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I suggest the white one if you have to have ABS. The matte black will be very hot and hard to see at night. I just switched to a raven black color and its molten hot after a short ride in the sun. My other colors did not get like that.

The ABS is a great option but you really dont need it with this bike. I think the blue is the best color for 2017 it is too bad they did not give that option.

Congrats on the new bike purchase. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I love mine and as a first time rider had similar reservations about the lack of ABS. But as I've been riding I've realized that it's about anticipation and not getting yourself into stupid situations. Yes, you can't avoid them all but if you're alert and watching, it certainly helps.

The bottom line for me was I just love the look and feel of the R3 over other similar 300cc bikes. I'm obviously biased but I think its by far the best looking of the bunch.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome! Remember to adjust your preload settings to your body type and then break her in. A lot of good knowledge/information here to assist with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
That new Matte Black is the fashizzle and everyone knows matte paint cuts through the air easier and is therefore faster and more efficient.
It also has stealth characteristics and will never get you into trouble with speed cameras.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts