Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THEM BAD FEEDBACK ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES AND DONT WRITE WHY. JUST SAY BAD SALESMANSHIP. FB REMOVED MY COMMENTS SAYING IT VIOLATED THEIR COMMUNITY AGREEMENTS.

Here's what the SCUM BAG DEALER DID. I used to work for another dealership that is owned by the same guy, so I was hesitant from the beginning, but it's been 4 years since then and I let old feelings set aside. As we all should do when the time is right.

Aaron, at Sky Powersports Lake Wales, FL. Who is the finance manager illegally forced me to purchase a warranty contract and a battery warranty contract. I caught it when I was going over the contract after picking up the bike and let him know the next day that what he did was very wrong and I wanted the warranty through Cornerstone Power Sports to be cancelled and my money refunded. He was an ass on the phone and then called me the next day and asked for me to come down to the dealership as he stated he had a couple of options for me. I proceeded with his request due to my negligence and when I was just fed up with all the construed lies, I called him a liar and said it repeatedly every time he started lying. Which by the 5th or 6th lie, he started screaming at me in front of my gf and 1 year old son and forced me out of his office of lies and illegal non-sense.

Option 1 from him was: Pay the bike off and show them it's been paid off and they'll cancel the warranty after 90 days with a minimal cancellation fee.
Option 2 from him was: Wait 90 days and then I can cancel the warranty and get hit with a bigger fee. He never disclosed what dollar amount the fee's were.

His lie and way he forced me into the warranty contract: I was approved by a so called secondary lender. ThunderRoad Financial, my first thought was 7.99% interest doesn't sound secondary to me. He stated that in order for me to get financed through TF that I had to have a warranty on the bike for half the life of the loan. (60 month loan), so 30 months. He said I have to sell you a 3 year warranty because I can't sell you a 30 month warranty. It's not offered by month, I said ok. I glance at the paperwork and see it's a 2 year warranty. I was then like, ok, so he saved me some money because the bike had a 1 year manufacture warranty. Later, I'm reading the contract and in big BOLD letter's it clearly stated that: THIS CONTRACT IS NOT NEEDED IN ORDER TO RECIEVE FINANCING............ HE PUT HIS HAND OVER THE CONTRACTS AND JUST SAID SIGN HERE, SO I COULDN'T SEE THE BOLD LETTERS. I called TF and they also very clearly stated that they have nothing to do with requiring a warranty on their loans. I also thought, why not sell me a Yamaha warranty? I guess Cornerstone Power Sports paid a bigger commission and was probably more money.

I requested to speak to the owner: Roc Northey. Who also does many things that I or any law abiding citizen wouldn't do. I worked for him, I would know. I was told by Aaron that he doesn't speak to customers. Then, I spoke to the general manager. I was a little ruffled and spilled some info to him of what went on at the other dealership that I worked at and that I knew how much they made off the bike when he said that I was upset over the price of the bike. That was not the case. Sky was local and for the extra $125 I didn't mind paying that to keep my business local and my 1 year old out of a longer car ride to another dealer. He then said well I can't do anything about what goes on at the other store. I then said, obviously if you can't keep a thief and liar from doing illegal warranty contracts that's 10 feet away from you. And you herd him screaming at me. That's ridiculous and your company is despicable. He then also got mad. I then said, you're mad over a legitimate comment. What if I lied to you and took your money, then screamed at you in front of your family with a 1 year old. So I suggest you take it at constructive criticism. I'm going to call the attorney general and the warranty place and get my money back.

I called cornerstone. They said I had to cancel it through the dealer and that I had 30 days to do so. I explained that I was kicked out of the dealership finance office and Becky from cornerstone sent me the cancellation form via email.

Key notes: You never have to buy anything extra to secure a motorcycle loan. This idiot Aaron was just trying to take advantage of me and make money for himself. I was approved for $5,600 which is obviously what any dealer should charge for the R3 and I put $1,500 down. I would have used my down payment for an exhaust, fender eliminator, some new gear etc.. but ahole didn't even have me meet with the parts guys because he was worried about his idiotic self making a commission illegally. SCUM BAG

Hope someone learned something. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THEM BAD FEEDBACK ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES AND DONT WRITE WHY. JUST SAY BAD SALESMANSHIP. FB REMOVED MY COMMENTS SAYING IT VIOLATED THEIR COMMUNITY AGREEMENTS.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Can you explain in simpler terms how he 'Forced' you?

Number one motto with motorcycles;
Never finance a toy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is it shady? Yup? Is it illegal? Maybe, that would be for a lawyer to decide but since all they have to go on is your word unless you recorded the transaction.

What it comes down to in the eyes of the law is you signed a legally binding contract without reading it. Always have the contract physically in your hand and read the fine print before signing. A shady dealer could put anything in there.

Also for future purchases, check with a credit union for financing. My CU offers finance rates between 0.9 and 2.49%. If you are going to finance it saves a lot of money over the life of the loan.

You may just have to suck it up and add it to the "life lesson learned" file.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hahah. Yeah, dealers definitely are shady.

The place I bought my first bike, the salesman, I loved that guy. Only reason I bought it there was because of him. He was on point with everything.

But when it came to actually buy the bike and deal with the guy who does the paperwork, here is where it was mind boggling.

So the paper that had all the extra warranty and hazard protection and all those things listed, I told the guy no thanks. And he couldn't get the hint (he kept revisiting it over and over wasting both of our times), but in the end he told me TO SIGN THE PAPER JUST TO SHOW HIS BOSS THAT THE GUY EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO ME so he doesn't get into trouble. Yes, sign the paper that agreed to purchasing one of those things. And it clearly said at the bottom by signing, I agreed to the terms. HAHAHAH. Both my wife and I looked at each other like "does this guy think we are that stupid".

So what I did at the bottom is not sign it, and wrote, "EMPLOYEE'S NAME has explained everything on this paper but I declined" under the signature spot.

So that is the kind of trickery dealers use to get you to buy things without your consent. Pretty much by lying and such.

God I hate dealerships.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are going to finance then the best way to do it is to check rates at local banks/credit unions, agree on an out the door price from the dealer, go to the financial institution of your choice, get the loan, write the dealer a check.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you explain in simpler terms how he 'Forced' you?

Number one motto with motorcycles;
Never finance a toy.

Told me I can't get financing unless I buy the warranty contract. That is nothing other than a forceful action with only one outcome. The one he wanted and only hurt me the patron.

There's a reason the warranty contract had big bold letters on it that said what it did. It's very illegal. I'm

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I know you know this, but ALWAYS read through anything you sign. I drove my home finance guy nuts because I insisted in reading all 20 pages of the contract. He just wanted me to come in and sign - nope, not gonna happen - been burned before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kinda funny you say that. I refused to rent a house about 6 months ago because the guy insisted I just sign the lease. I laughed and left when he said he didn't have time for that. All 5 pages. Financing the bike was different. I had already ran my credit and it counts against you if you repeatedly run it at different dealers. I was set to buy the thing, he was just a douchebag liar and now Yamaha usa is involved. I suspect hes done this many times as they seemed pretty concerned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THEM BAD FEEDBACK ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES AND DONT WRITE WHY. JUST SAY BAD SALESMANSHIP. FB REMOVED MY COMMENTS SAYING IT VIOLATED THEIR COMMUNITY AGREEMENTS.

Here's what the SCUM BAG DEALER DID. I used to work for another dealership that is owned by the same guy, so I was hesitant from the beginning, but it's been 4 years since then and I let old feelings set aside. As we all should do when the time is right.

Aaron, at Sky Powersports Lake Wales, FL. Who is the finance manager illegally forced me to purchase a warranty contract and a battery warranty contract. I caught it when I was going over the contract after picking up the bike and let him know the next day that what he did was very wrong and I wanted the warranty through Cornerstone Power Sports to be cancelled and my money refunded. He was an ass on the phone and then called me the next day and asked for me to come down to the dealership as he stated he had a couple of options for me. I proceeded with his request due to my negligence and when I was just fed up with all the construed lies, I called him a liar and said it repeatedly every time he started lying. Which by the 5th or 6th lie, he started screaming at me in front of my gf and 1 year old son and forced me out of his office of lies and illegal non-sense.

Option 1 from him was: Pay the bike off and show them it's been paid off and they'll cancel the warranty after 90 days with a minimal cancellation fee.
Option 2 from him was: Wait 90 days and then I can cancel the warranty and get hit with a bigger fee. He never disclosed what dollar amount the fee's were.

His lie and way he forced me into the warranty contract: I was approved by a so called secondary lender. ThunderRoad Financial, my first thought was 7.99% interest doesn't sound secondary to me. He stated that in order for me to get financed through TF that I had to have a warranty on the bike for half the life of the loan. (60 month loan), so 30 months. He said I have to sell you a 3 year warranty because I can't sell you a 30 month warranty. It's not offered by month, I said ok. I glance at the paperwork and see it's a 2 year warranty. I was then like, ok, so he saved me some money because the bike had a 1 year manufacture warranty. Later, I'm reading the contract and in big BOLD letter's it clearly stated that: THIS CONTRACT IS NOT NEEDED IN ORDER TO RECIEVE FINANCING............ HE PUT HIS HAND OVER THE CONTRACTS AND JUST SAID SIGN HERE, SO I COULDN'T SEE THE BOLD LETTERS. I called TF and they also very clearly stated that they have nothing to do with requiring a warranty on their loans. I also thought, why not sell me a Yamaha warranty? I guess Cornerstone Power Sports paid a bigger commission and was probably more money.

I requested to speak to the owner: Roc Northey. Who also does many things that I or any law abiding citizen wouldn't do. I worked for him, I would know. I was told by Aaron that he doesn't speak to customers. Then, I spoke to the general manager. I was a little ruffled and spilled some info to him of what went on at the other dealership that I worked at and that I knew how much they made off the bike when he said that I was upset over the price of the bike. That was not the case. Sky was local and for the extra $125 I didn't mind paying that to keep my business local and my 1 year old out of a longer car ride to another dealer. He then said well I can't do anything about what goes on at the other store. I then said, obviously if you can't keep a thief and liar from doing illegal warranty contracts that's 10 feet away from you. And you herd him screaming at me. That's ridiculous and your company is despicable. He then also got mad. I then said, you're mad over a legitimate comment. What if I lied to you and took your money, then screamed at you in front of your family with a 1 year old. So I suggest you take it at constructive criticism. I'm going to call the attorney general and the warranty place and get my money back.

I called cornerstone. They said I had to cancel it through the dealer and that I had 30 days to do so. I explained that I was kicked out of the dealership finance office and Becky from cornerstone sent me the cancellation form via email.

Key notes: You never have to buy anything extra to secure a motorcycle loan. This idiot Aaron was just trying to take advantage of me and make money for himself. I was approved for $5,600 which is obviously what any dealer should charge for the R3 and I put $1,500 down. I would have used my down payment for an exhaust, fender eliminator, some new gear etc.. but ahole didn't even have me meet with the parts guys because he was worried about his idiotic self making a commission illegally. SCUM BAG

Hope someone learned something. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THEM BAD FEEDBACK ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES AND DONT WRITE WHY. JUST SAY BAD SALESMANSHIP. FB REMOVED MY COMMENTS SAYING IT VIOLATED THEIR COMMUNITY AGREEMENTS.
So sorry for your experience - however it does really bring to bear that you should read all the fine print before you sign. No one can force you to sign anything - and if they made that a condition of sale, go to another dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So sorry for your experience - however it does really bring to bear that you should read all the fine print before you sign. No one can force you to sign anything - and if they made that a condition of sale, go to another dealer.

I definitely agree, but a verbal contract is as good as anything written. Just not enough money for me to take time out of my day to take them to court over. No sense in that anyways, since I got the money back from the warranty company. You can't knowing swindle someone and put your hand physically over the terms so no one can read them. They have to be in plain sight. When you go into a business their tax id, business license etc.. are all on the wall clearly viewable. There's a reason for that. When people stop laying over for this corporate style crooks they'll quit their bad practices. Once I call Yamaha USA back. I'm sure they'll have a nice conversation with SKY SCUM BAG Power Sports of Lake Wales.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I definitely agree, but a verbal contract is as good as anything written. Just not enough money for me to take time out of my day to take them to court over. No sense in that anyways, since I got the money back from the warranty company. You can't knowing swindle someone and put your hand physically over the terms so no one can read them. They have to be in plain sight. When you go into a business their tax id, business license etc.. are all on the wall clearly viewable. There's a reason for that. When people stop laying over for this corporate style crooks they'll quit their bad practices. Once I call Yamaha USA back. I'm sure they'll have a nice conversation with SKY SCUM BAG Power Sports of Lake Wales.
Verbal contracts are binding - if and only if - there are witnesses. Otherwise, it is a "he said / she said". And right or wrong, the written contract with a signature will win in a court. "let the buyer beware".....read before you sign - and if a salesman "hides" part of the paper - just ask for the paper and a cup of coffee, and sit back and read it carefully - or don't sign.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Verbal contracts are binding - if and only if - there are witnesses. Otherwise, it is a "he said / she said". And right or wrong, the written contract with a signature will win in a court. "let the buyer beware".....read before you sign - and if a salesman "hides" part of the paper - just ask for the paper and a cup of coffee, and sit back and read it carefully - or don't sign.....

Girlfriend was sitting right next to me. He's just an idiot scum bag, and the owner doesn't want to be sued or fined, so he's ignoring everything and hoping it goes away. Pending the speed of when the finance company receives the refund and the amount they get, is whether or not I contact the attorney general, bbb, and ftc. It's something that could of been easily canceled on their end and they just didn't want to pay the cancellation fee of $25 and he wanted his commission. The reason they were telling me to wait 90 days lol. Dirt bags. Anyone who doesn't see in plain sight that what he did is illegal and unethical business practice is plain dumb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could of bought the bike cash, even had the cash in my pocket if I didn't get financed. Should of seen the scum bags face when I pulled out the down payment of 1500 from the stack of Benjamins (about 12k I had it for the bike and to lend my brother a down payment for a new car as his took a **** the same day I bought the bike)The goal was to be financed walking through the door to build credit back up from identity theft. That's the reason why I didn't question what he said. I flip stuff for a living, so needless to say I don't finance out of want. I know the depreciation of a new vehicle very well. It's out of necessity in hopes to buy a house in 2 years with a reasonably large down payment and a great credit score to get the best interest rate so I can up and move without buyers remorse if I have a change of life plans or maybe a child molester neighbor moves in. Speaking of money, the scum bags wife is P.A. We live in fairly poor area, but I'm sure she makes 90k plus a year which is great money here, so he's just a greedy pos and needs to be dealt with by Yamaha and probably the attorney general. Said he had been in the finance business there for 8 years, they need to contact all the people he's probably ripped off and he needs to be sued for it. I don't know about any of you, but I'm not going to be ripped off and turn my head when they say, you should of read the fine print. F that and who ever says that. We all know that salesman lie. I work in sales for a major corporation. 10% of the people in the room make 90% of the money. Guess what percent even though it's less people, have less charge backs per person. The %10. Why? THEY DONT LIE! I can sleep at night knowing anyone of my 6 bonuses won't be charged back on my next check because I'm not a douche bag bottom feeder.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmm, I guess from your replies you're not looking for honest feedback, just confirmation of your attitude. You won't get it from me, you signed on the dotted line. You reap what you sew, or in this case, what you sign. While I agree dealers can be morons, I'd have to say that signing something you never read is nobodys fault but yours.

Sounds like you have signers remorse.

Take it as a lesson learned and move forward.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You must be illiterate in the terms of law. You can't say one thing and have someone sign another thing while your hand is over it. Like I said it's been corrected. Thanks to the honest warranty company and Yamaha USA. Did I make it simple enough for you? Do you know what moral character is? Do you know what integrity is? Not a contract, and not something you can buy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here, let me judge you by your attitude.This dude would tell the 6 plus people that had r6's stolen last week. (I live by Orlando) that it's their fault for not locking it up. Wrong is wrong bro, if it starts in one place. Then it should end in the same place. Get it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts