Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I can't see a plate light, that would be illegal over here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like in the center is the light for the license plate, with the turn signal lights on either side of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow and for only 129. If I hadn't already got the Protech fender eliminator (which I'm not totally satisfied with, but.. it's ok). :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
It looks like in the center is the light for the license plate, with the turn signal lights on either side of it.
You are quite right i can see it now you've pointed it out thank you morbidslady.In my defense i'm waiting to have a cataract done in the next couple of weeks so i'll be able to get rid of these darn contact lenses and glasses.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Got this in the mail today.

Its a few pieces of thin plastic and wires. I called them and they said they tested this on an R3 at their shop. I cant imagine your license plate is secure on thin plastic. This mod would probably work and look fine but longevity is questionable.

Total package weight is about 2 ounces. They want you to splice into your wires, weak kit. No instructions.

Since they will only take back sealed items unused I cant take a chance on this, got an RMA. The Vagabond is not my favorite design but it will do.

I will wait for one of you that are more confident in it to go ahead with the install and give your impression. I dont want to open the plastic.
Sad to hear, I was so stoked when I first saw it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed the hotbodies fender elim kit and it's a really well done piece. The mount is not flimsy in the least. It is a double walled plastic piece (double walled in that your mounting nuts for your tag are inside the hollow area and hidden). I cut the harness pigtails off the of factory lights and spliced them onto the new light leads and now the new stuff plugs right in like the original. Very well done, easy install. Comes with crimp on wire taps, so it's a pretty easy operation. I also installed the TST flush mount fronts and used their relay so all of the LEDs work properly. The plate light is a focused LED, and it was aimed perfectly at the center of the tag. While not inexpensive, it does a fine job of cleaning up the tail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts