Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
My motorcycles are inside the garage, fully insured and they both have disc locks. They are behind my cars which are in the way.

When I'm out and about, I will either secure it with a cable lock + disc lock or just the disc lock if I'm leaving its view. If say I'm at a coffee shop, I'll have it in my view outside without any locks.

But yeah, insurance has theft coverage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also Parked in my Garage behind my cars with my Key hidden in the house somewhere.

I also just make sure my Insurance is paid up to date.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My bikes are triple-locked in the garage with a monitored home alarm system. Of course, there are also the pit bulls, land mines, barbed wire, laser-range finding cameras attached to type two phaser cannons, and a nosey neighbor...

·
Registered
48 Posts
two disk locks and a 15mm chain, one of the disk-locks has build in alarm
i chain the cover and alarm so if cover is removed alarm wil go off :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Has anyone had problem with the disk-locks not unlocking?
Only the one time I forgot I had it on. I rolled the bike backward down a steep incline and bent the lock pin when the lock crammed against the swingarm. Won't do that again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I park mine in my backyard right in front of the sliding door to my bedroom. When I lay on my bed and watch netflix it's literally 4-5 feet from me. It ain't going anywhere ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Holy shiiiiiit xD
Everybody is talking about multiple security systems HAHAHA
In Germany it's nearly complete safe. It's enough to put it in your garage and that's it.
You can even let it out just with the normal lock :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know the rotor hole size? I want to buy a disc lock but I don't know how big the hole is and cant find it anywhere online. It seems as though most of these locks have pins that will go through the rotor slots.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Does anyone know the rotor hole size? I want to buy a disc lock but I don't know how big the hole is and cant find it anywhere online. It seems as though most of these locks have pins that will go through the rotor slots.
I din't bother converting to mm, but I'm sure Fang's right. A 1/4" lock pin or smaller will fit. I included measurements of both my locks' pins.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer...I saw one I wanted pretty badly on amazon but it's 10mm.
Does anyone have any specific suggestions for rear disc locks? This thread is actually encouraging me to do more than just lock the handlebars. Thrives are all over SoCal... (and everywhere else, honestly)

Thanks to both of you guys for the slot size info.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts