Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My first post and so glad I found this forum!

I am looking to buy my very own R3 in January/February 2016.

I have riding scooter (175cc) for about 3 years now so I am really keen to upgrade.

My main question today is just your experience with how the R3 handles in wet road conditions? Also, please specify if you have stock or 3rd party tires if you could :)

Thanks guys!
Ride safe!!

Q

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get rid of the stock tires ASAP. They suck balls in any condition. Michelin Pilot Street Radial or Pirelli Diablo Rosso II. The Michelin's get more mileage and are better if you go by the reviews. Havent tried the Pirelli's yet so I cant compare. Any way, both of these are light years ahead of the stock crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get rid of the stock tires ASAP. They suck balls in any condition. Michelin Pilot Street Radial or Pirelli Diablo Rosso II. The Michelin's get more mileage and are better if you go by the reviews. Havent tried the Pirelli's yet so I cant compare. Any way, both of these are light years ahead of the stock crap.
So far I have determined that would be the first thing to do, thank you for reassuring me!

The weather in South Africa is very unpredictable so I need to be ready for it. Do you recommend to at least ride those stock tires out or take it off immediately?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I still ride all the time regardless the weather nowadays. Didnt really stop me but i do lean minimally when its wet or rain. I feel like i could lean more but safety is priority when it comes to commuting
I still use stock and plan on use it til the end of its life. It will be done before spring ends

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm on stock tire and been riding all winter now since September, is rather slidey in first gear when putting power on, drifted the bike more times than I'd like to!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts