Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am pretty sure that I got a replica version of the Akrapovic exhaust similar to this link, https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15684?brandId=41&modelId=697&yearId=4145

the Akrapovic Racing Line (SS) S-Y2R1-CUBSS full exhaust system for my R25 as I got it from Indonesia. I attached a photo of my bike and the exhaust too.

I was wondering if anyone got the real one and would like to post it on here for the soundclip so I can listen to how it sounds like. Right now, after installing this exhaust, it is terribly loud that I feel ashame to ride it out on the street. No idea if its because mine is a replica that it sounds so loud, or is it normal. Even my friend's R6 with a full Akrapovic exhaust system isn't this loud and it souds way nicer than mine.

Is there another way where I can make it softer?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
My akrapovic is obnoxiously loud without the baffle. Even if it is a "replica version", I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference via a video clip.
Buy a baffle for it

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey guys. I am pretty sure that I got a replica version of the Akrapovic exhaust similar to this link, https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15684?brandId=41&modelId=697&yearId=4145

the Akrapovic Racing Line (SS) S-Y2R1-CUBSS full exhaust system for my R25 as I got it from Indonesia. I attached a photo of my bike and the exhaust too.

I was wondering if anyone got the real one and would like to post it on here for the soundclip so I can listen to how it sounds like. Right now, after installing this exhaust, it is terribly loud that I feel ashame to ride it out on the street. No idea if its because mine is a replica that it sounds so loud, or is it normal. Even my friend's R6 with a full Akrapovic exhaust system isn't this loud and it souds way nicer than mine.

Is there another way where I can make it softer?

Are your mirrors mounted on opposite sides so they are low, or are they just pushed all the way forward?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are your mirrors mounted on opposite sides so they are low, or are they just pushed all the way forward?
The mirrors were pushed all the way forward. haha I changed the stock mirrors to some ebay mirros that have integrated turn signal on them. Looks better imo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My akra is embarrassingly loud even with the baffle in. There's no way I'd ever buy this exhaust for the street.
people are telling me that it is fine. Because it is also a mean for safety. Other road users will be aware that there is a motorcycle nearby. haha

·
Registered
424 Posts
people are telling me that it is fine. Because it is also a mean for safety. Other road users will be aware that there is a motorcycle nearby. haha

If that was the case Harley's would never be involved in an accident with another vehicle

·
Registered
732 Posts
yeah, the exhaust note isn't going to notify drivers. I love the Akrapovic exhaust sound. Mine is baffled. I like sport bike soudns much better. I find Harley exhausts totally ear drum piercing and obnoxious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts