Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felt a bit robbed of my great launch in this one...could've possibly been a better race with a better finish overall. Oh well...it's racing!

Reactions: Yamfanr3 and VULGR

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: VULGR

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yikes! Glad you didn't hit him, and definitely a shame about the race. Looks like you otherwise had a good start and good pace.

Reminded me of this...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just another reason to try and qualify on pole?
Ours is all based on registration time. And even though I registered about 2 weeks before the race I ended up in 17th on the grid, out of 21 or 22. Plus the experts are at the front, so I can't be on the front row no matter when I register.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great reaction time to avoid that guy! Imagine if he tried starting like that with all his weight on the back of a liter bike. Would've probably flipped it like the other guy! Haven't seen that before. Guess I'm not watching enough YouTube. Lol

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The weight on the back has nothing to do with it. You have to scoot back a bit so that you can tuck better, and in turn put weight over the tank, which is what he did and what pretty much everyone does. The problem was with his clutch control ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
The weight on the back has nothing to do with it. You have to scoot back a bit so that you can tuck better, and in turn put weight over the tank, which is what he did and what pretty much everyone does. The problem was with his clutch control ;)

Agreed, that's how I do launches, basically have my belly resting on the tank and my eyes just above the wind screen.

Do you guys not require belly catch pans of >2L? It looks like he's running stock fairings that won't actually hold and fluid if he blows his engine...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed, that's how I do launches, basically have my belly resting on the tank and my eyes just above the wind screen.

Do you guys not require belly catch pans of >2L? It looks like he's running stock fairings that won't actually hold and fluid if he blows his engine...
No, street/stock bikes are allowed since this is a track day organization with just a couple of races at the end on Saturday. Somewhat similar to MCRA but less rules. They actually don't even have tech inspection. They have rules of course for bikes and gear but it's all on an honor based system, nobody actually checks. You should come out some time! Been trying to get Cameron and Adam to come over to MPH one of these times. We've had 20+ rider grids this year in the little bike race. Not bad for a track day organization that doesn't even require a license ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
No, street/stock bikes are allowed since this is a track day organization with just a couple of races at the end on Saturday. Somewhat similar to MCRA but less rules. They actually don't even have tech inspection. They have rules of course for bikes and gear but it's all on an honor based system, nobody actually checks. You should come out some time! Been trying to get Cameron and Adam to come over to MPH one of these times. We've had 20+ rider grids this year in the little bike race. Not bad for a track day organization that doesn't even require a license ;)
All of us want to go race with you guys and if MCRA didn't have an event this weekend we probably would have. Are we going to see you at HPT in three weeks? Sunday we should have a grid of 7+, bring friends! We're (MCRA) dropping the price at HPT for our track days, make sure you register early!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All of us want to go race with you guys and if MCRA didn't have an event this weekend we probably would have. Are we going to see you at HPT in three weeks? Sunday we should have a grid of 7+, bring friends! We're (MCRA) dropping the price at HPT for our track days, make sure you register early!
Nice! And yes I plan on it. How early is "early" and by how much are you dropping the price?

There are a couple of other trackaddix guys that are thinking about going, both with Ninja 300s and would probably do the races if they go. Unfortunately both are faster than me, so no more podium for me this time lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice! And yes I plan on it. How early is "early" and by how much are you dropping the price?

There are a couple of other trackaddix guys that are thinking about going, both with Ninja 300s and would probably do the races if they go. Unfortunately both are faster than me, so no more podium for me this time lol

****! And the one middle guy who's only 2-3s a lap faster than me isn't going to be there so I was hoping I'd get my first podium! Early bird registration ends 2 weeks before the event, I believe it's going to be $170/day for track time, $65/race and $50/day for a paddock spot w/power. If you wait until day of I think track time goes up to $200/day.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
****! And the one middle guy who's only 2-3s a lap faster than me isn't going to be there so I was hoping I'd get my first podium! Early bird registration ends 2 weeks before the event, I believe it's going to be $170/day for track time, $65/race and $50/day for a paddock spot w/power. If you wait until day of I think track time goes up to $200/day.
Sounds about right, except for the $50/day paddock spot and power. That seems a bit extreme. Earlier this year when I went there I rented a garage for $25 since I split it with 3 others. I was going to try and do the same now. Otherwise open paddock was usually free when I've been there before....but of course you get no power then.

There's always chance for a podium if Cameron and Adam take each other out in the race lol...but if my friends that I'm thinking of will decide to go, my guess is their pace will be in the high 1:50s easily, probably within about a second or so of Adam and Cam.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds about right, except for the $50/day paddock spot and power. That seems a bit extreme. Earlier this year when I went there I rented a garage for $25 since I split it with 3 others. I was going to try and do the same now. Otherwise open paddock was usually free when I've been there before....but of course you get no power then.

There's always chance for a podium if Cameron and Adam take each other out in the race lol...but if my friends that I'm thinking of will decide to go, my guess is their pace will be in the high 1:50s easily, probably within about a second or so of Adam and Cam.
$50 a paddock spot can be split 4 ways since the spots will fit 4 bikes. So for the weekend you could spend as little as $25 each.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$50 a paddock spot can be split 4 ways since the spots will fit 4 bikes. So for the weekend you could spend as little as $25 each.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Ohhh ok, yeah I misunderstood. That's probably what I'll do most likely. Do we reserve that through MCRA as well or have to contact the track?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts