Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question and roll call, I’m 53 and love the r3 for what it is, cheap to run and fun.
How many of the older generation on hear??

jools

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm 51, and love my R3 as well!!!! I track an FZ-07, and I bought the R3 for the street. I find I make better choices on the street with less HP. I've done the whole "liter-bike" bit. I've now come full circle- I love my R3 for what I believe are the same reasons you do....

·
Super Moderator
928 Posts
66 years here. Rode an '83 R80Rt BMW for 34 years before swapping for the R3. Don't miss it in the least. The R3 has made a better rider. And any day I can throw a leg across the seat without a step stool is going to be enjoyable. 👍

·
Registered
22 Posts
50, just got mine this last week. Don't plan on "upgrading" to a bigger bike, either. The R3 is so much fun to ride and it suits my commuting and run-about needs perfectly. And if I want to do track days, it's perfectly capable, too. Why worry about age? My brain is still 25, so as long as the body is still working, I'm still going to be playing with toys.

·
Super Moderator
928 Posts
Reminiscing is nothing more than wishful thinking for a different outcome of things past... And like it or not, you can't do anything to change it. So, if I can just remember where I laid my bike keys after my last ride, that's enough for today. :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got to salute you older riders here. I can only hope that I will continue riding till I get old. As it is, my back, neck and collarbone are complaining about the posture and I'm not even in my 30's yet... Been in too many wrecks as it is, both on and off road.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got all you guys beat, 81 here I took a demo ride at Arizona Bike Week in 2016 had a blast, had to have one.
Great bike always brings a smile on my face when I ride.
Awesome bud. :cool:

55 year old rider here. Still no R3 for me but I am in the process of changing my inventory and hope to add a 2020 soon.
Right after I pick up my 2020 FJR1300.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm 51, and love my R3 as well!!!! I track an FZ-07, and I bought the R3 for the street. I find I make better choices on the street with less HP. I've done the whole "liter-bike" bit. I've now come full circle- I love my R3 for what I believe are the same reasons you do....
Hey I am thinking about purchasing an MT-09. Yamaha has a nice financing offer going on now. Would you recommend it over the MT07?

·
Super Moderator
928 Posts
Yamaha has several current offers available on the MTs. Probably more on the 2019 models if you don't mind a years difference. Cash incentive or 'special financing'. Pick your poison. Link is below.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't really say anything about the MT-09, as I have no experience with them.... I can however, say I have never been as happy with ANY bike as I am with my FZ/MT-07 :cool:
Man I've heard that from many people who have switched over from sportbikes. I hope it's the same for me.
I hope I get approved for Yamaha's financial service though :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts