Yamaha R3 Forums banner

How old is old?

5K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  gipsonke 
#1 ·
Just a quick question and roll call, I’m 53 and love the r3 for what it is, cheap to run and fun.
How many of the older generation on hear??

jools

#4 ·
50, just got mine this last week. Don't plan on "upgrading" to a bigger bike, either. The R3 is so much fun to ride and it suits my commuting and run-about needs perfectly. And if I want to do track days, it's perfectly capable, too. Why worry about age? My brain is still 25, so as long as the body is still working, I'm still going to be playing with toys.

#16 · (Edited)
Yamaha has several current offers available on the MTs. Probably more on the 2019 models if you don't mind a years difference. Cash incentive or 'special financing'. Pick your poison. Link is below.

#27 ·
58. Hadn't rode for 40 years. Started at age 9 racing Go Carts and mini motorcycles. My buddies had little 50cc Honda Cubs and I "borrowed" my Dad's Briggs and Stratton 3HP motor from his lawn mower... And I was hooked. Worked my way up through YZ 80's and 125's, but stopped motocrossing when I saw a horrific accident on the dirt track when my friend's right hand was impaled on a broken brake lever, among other things. [emoji15]

Scared the crap out of me. Had my share of road (dirt) rash and even suffered a concussion once when I went through a fence in my back yard when my throttle cable got stuck (luckily I had my old Bell 3/4 helmet from Sears on... saved my life).

Always wanted a street bike but my ex-wife told me I couldn't get one [emoji34]

Now I'm older...(and wiser). Jumped on that R3 two weeks ago at the dealer and it just all came back, the thrill of riding a bike is unlike anything else in the world to me.

Starting my riding course/certification class tomorrow morning in Long Beach CA.

Keith Gipson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.