Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Riders!
Some time ago, i had a Accident.
I would like to know how i can remove these big scratches?

Thank you very much :)

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
Myself, I would use a rotary tool [wear eye protection] to clean up the rim, and hide the damage as best I can with some paint.

Are you leaking oil in the 2nd pic? New clutch cover is $75 from Partzilla.

·
Registered
227 Posts
you can sand it out on the wheel when you swap for new tire next time(1000miles unless you want to get different tires before that)
i got myself a new clutch cover with other parts before for $45, remember to order the gasket too most likely you will rip that apart from try to remove the cover(the repair guy was like 85% chance failed to save the gasket). I'd rather replace a clutch cover rather than the damaging inside just in case I'd crash again

·
Registered
350 Posts
Clean it up and get the paint. It won't be perfect but no one will look that close.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well I honestly don't know which gasket.... but a gasket. You probably have coolant leaking in. Pull your spark plugs. See if they're wet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Okay. I found the Service Manual. But still can't find the Standard Manual. Seems like much work to check the Spark Plugs. Need a Air Pump to blow away the dirt. Don't have one. Mhmm.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I'd change the oil and let the bike run for a while, and then check to see if the oil contaminates again
If you have an internal leak that you cannot identify the source of, you'll need to have someone begin to take things down until the find the problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd change the oil and let the bike run for a while, and then check to see if the oil contaminates again
If you have an internal leak that you cannot identify the source of, you'll need to have someone begin to take things down until the find the problem.
The Oil is contaminated. Okay.
So the Oil Filter? I think i can change the Oil on myself. But what about the Oil Filter?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Okay. I found the Service Manual. But still can't find the Standard Manual. Seems like much work to check the Spark Plugs. Need a Air Pump to blow away the dirt. Don't have one. Mhmm.
Check your radiator or your reserve see if they're merky they may look almost like chocolate milk depending on how much it was ran afterwards. It couldn't be to bad or you would of hydolocked... maybe.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be very careful if it is a leak if to much gets in you'll lock your engine... or at least in a car. it might not happen on bikes I don't know the oil to coolant ratio but water/coolant and oil don't mix.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh and for an air pump just by canned air... we actually never worry about it too much the first time I would because of factory shavings though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Drain the oil, run the bike. If it's really bad you won't be making much compression. If it's tiny it will get murky again. When you drain the oil if it smells like coolent... it will probably smell burnt too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts