Yamaha R3 Forums banner

How to identify the year of your R3

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CBRpilot 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, Hi guys n gals.

As some of you already own an R3, but could be confused, like I am, by the R3's actual birth year (when it was made) I have done some investigation into the matter.

What lead me to do this? Simple.

When I purchased my R3, it was a 2016 model but since I purchased it in Jan 2017, it is registered as a 2017.
However, being new to the R3's I thought I would investigate what year the models were made with its aesthetic (if you like) design.

I have found 3 miscellaneous pictures from the interweb (as the old folks call it) ;) and from what I can gather about their actual years made and the reflecting design marks, I have inserted a yellow arrow/s that will point directly on the bikes body work, fairing and or decal sticker together with either highlighting the year it was made with the accompanying yellow circle or with yellow font.

Please do note that I have left out other positive markings on the 2017 R3 edition just above the headlights.

Now I am not 100% sure on these findings so I am welcoming any input with accompanying physical proof.

S;D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
nice! keep in mind it's different for other colors too... The 2015/2016 Reds were different but we don't have the large decals up by the windscreen like in the blue, we just had smaller ones that said R3. So every color package is a little bit different from the blue one mentioned (to anyone else looking).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.