Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an ABS model (standard in the UK) and want to remove it. Besides the obvious "take it out" I'm aware I'll get some sort of error on the dash. Has anyone actually removed the ABS system and how would I go about it, regarding wiring, fuses, the sensor etc. I'd want to remove every single part of the ABS as I'll be getting SS lines and upgrading a lot of the braking system.

Thank you for all the help in advance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Redrose, you should be ok putting SS hoses on as you will just be going straight from the reservoirs, however, I needed a speedo console for mine as I bought it after it had been stolen.

At the time spares we limited in the UK so bought one from the USA not realising that they didn't have ABS bikes at the time, anyway I fitted it and realised that, and I think Im correct that the wheel sensors are linked to ABS which then react with the system and make the brakes react accordingly.
the upshot was the speedo was some 30mph out! and of course you don't get the fault light on the console either.

I have since bought a UK version and all is fine, so what I'm suggest, and by no means suggesting what i have mentioned is correct but you may experience a similer issue but in reverse respectively.

I have still have the speedo in the garage if you do experience issues, this maybe a resolve for it, Yes its is a little sales pitch (LOL) but they would be the right price, as they are just sat there at the moment.

Anyway good luck with the conversion,let me know how you get on. I would expect you will be getting a lot of "why you doing it" questions but each to their own!

cheers

Marshy (Nottinghamshire)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts