Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how to take out the baffle on my yoshi r77 slip on. It's the stainless steel one with the R3 badge on it. I have the screw out but the baffle will not budge. Is it fixed in place somewhere else or is it just stuck?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wondering how to take out the baffle on my yoshi r77 slip on. It's the stainless steel one with the R3 badge on it. I have the screw out but the baffle will not budge. Is it fixed in place somewhere else or is it just stuck?
I had the same slip on and could not get the baffle to come out, no matter how hard I tried to pull/twist it out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daaaang... I marred the baffle trying to get it out too. I've seen it taken out on the other styles of this muffler. I've got the screw out, and I don't see any other welds. Any help?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same slip on and could not get the baffle to come out, no matter how hard I tried to pull/twist it out.
cwick I got it out. There was a little lip where you can get a flat head screw driver in and leverage it out.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Just a tip in the future, I can't speak for the Yoshimura slip-on, but on our systems, you can also remove the muffler and push the baffle out from the inside once the screw is removed. Using a wood dowel or broom handle works best so as not to damage the exhaust or db killer. When you have a stuck one, this is usually more effective than pulling on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts