1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow! You must have read my mind. I went to the dealer yesterday (still haven't bought one yet), and noticed the evap canister. I thought this was Kalifornia only. Does removing the can effect the Fuel injection or is it completely separated? I removed it easily on carb bikes, but haven't tried with injected bikes.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it makes no difference on performance, I noted that in my writeup, it just keeps evaporated gas from reaching the atmosphere, that's all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is this in international variants? I can't seem to see the charcoal canister on my New Zealand bike, so assume I don't need a block off plate?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Is this in international variants? I can't seem to see the charcoal canister on my New Zealand bike, so assume I don't need a block off plate?
The block-off plate is a separate issue from the canister.
You should still have the air-injection system for the exhaust side, even if you don't have a fuel-vapor canister. The canister is in front of the engine, down low near the oil filter.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, these are 2 separate systems, the charcoal canister for recycling vapor, and the air injection system that injects clean air into the exhaust. Check the top of f the motor, there you will see if it looks like the picture with the air line coming out of the top of the motor through the air port where the block off plate would be installed.
Jesse

The block-off plate is a separate issue from the canister.
You should still have the air-injection system for the exhaust side, even if you don't have a fuel-vapor canister. The canister is in front of the engine, down low near the oil filter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks guys - what's the advantage of a new block off plate vs zip tying the existing hoses?

The guides I've seen result in termination hoses or zip tying hoses anyway, is the plate necessary?

Cheers

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't throw a check engine light. As for this mod compared to tying off the hoses. Tying off the hoses does the same thing, it just seems messy to have all that extra stuff tied in there and not hooked up to anything. And you don't want zip ties or whatever you use to break down over time and come loose. For $23, it's cheap to remove it all and tidy it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts