Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That's a good job you did there. But I would rather just get some aftermarket LED units and use a LED flasher relay for the delay. Stock turn-signals are huge and goofy looking.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's a good job you did there. But I would rather just get some aftermarket LED units and use a LED flasher relay for the delay. Stock turn-signals are huge and goofy looking.
Was going to say this. Its a nice mod if you like the stock signals, but personally I can't stand them and got rid of them within a week of purchasing the bike, lol.

I went with flush mounts, but there are plenty of other great aftermarket signals available for $5-10/pair if you want something less goofy than the stock chili peppers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks really nice, good job!

Just a cautionary note - I had a stupid tipover in the garage. Because the stock turn signals jut out so far, it was the first to hit the floor. But because of the janky rubber connection, they just popped right off and no damage done.

I'd worry that if you screw it in, that you would run the risk of cracking the fairing should it ever get hit. Oh well, nothing's perfect...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks really nice, good job!

Just a cautionary note - I had a stupid tipover in the garage. Because the stock turn signals jut out so far, it was the first to hit the floor. But because of the janky rubber connection, they just popped right off and no damage done.

I'd worry that if you screw it in, that you would run the risk of cracking the fairing should it ever get hit. Oh well, nothing's perfect...
+

Ive had my R3 fall over but the frame sliders hit 1st so no damage to the turn signals since they stick out less now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol chili peppers

Was going to say this. Its a nice mod if you like the stock signals, but personally I can't stand them and got rid of them within a week of purchasing the bike, lol.

I went with flush mounts, but there are plenty of other great aftermarket signals available for $5-10/pair if you want something less goofy than the stock chili peppers.
i was going to get rid of my ( chili peppers ) lol i like your term:D but after doing the rear fender eliminator they kind of grew on me plus the flush mounts that i wanted are not going to be made till next year by tst industries Halo flushmounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you very kindly for sharing this. I do somewhat like the tear drop shaped rounded sides stock turn signals simply because they are obvious to drivers both beside me and in front of me. And best yet, are no additional cost to me. However, I do not like seeing the front signals flutter up and down like butterfly wings. I knew I needed to just remove the rubber piece like I did in the back with the fender eliminator, and I'd be set, but I always feel safer with visuals. Now, I shall take on this task after work thanks to your provided video. Very helpful! Eventually, I'll find a nice white pair with legal amber bulbs to replace them and soon rid my bike of any superficial orange color whatsoever, but I've spent enough on her for this half of the year already unfortunately :(. I'm already working an extra day a week to save up for my new Nexx helmet lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts