Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Easter to all!

My name is Giff and I've had my R3 for a little over a month now. I road quite a bit in my youth and then hardly touched a bike for almost 20 years. Several years ago the bug bit me again and I bought and sold a couple of old Dr650's. Well, the exciting off road adventures never really materialized and I sold the second DR.

After much sole searching over the winter, and almost buying a used Ninja 650, I ended up buying a new 2015 Raven R3.

I work a lot and have three kids all at home still, so my off road adventure weekends are still ten-ish years away. However, I decided that I could still ride, that I'd just need to keep it on the street. For my suburban commute the R3 is perfect. I live in Ohio and they frown on lane splitting, so the big 1000's, HD's and what ever else is sitting right there with me. Truth is, aside from something like a BMW GSA and an actual BIG adventure with "lots" of gear I've never understood liter bikes. So much of the power is unusable on city streets and highways. That's a rant for another day.

In summary, I'm new here. Have a Raven R3 that I enjoy. The power is adequate, but I'm sure I'll be exploring options for better tires, brakes and suspension options.

Thanks, Giff

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome! and Happy Easter.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England Giff,let the fun begin.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Happy Easter to you too Giff,

In summary, I'm new here. Have a Raven R3 that I enjoy. The power is adequate, but I'm sure I'll be exploring options for better tires, brakes and suspension options.
You are surely in the right place.

Randy

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome! Ive found the Street Pilots have been a decent tyre. There will most likely be better tyres for some more aggressive riding, but for a toy/commuter they work well.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I agree but i still regard it as my toy compared to my other bike.
I suppose the R3 would feel a little bit like a "toy" compared to a 1,000lb chrome-plated steel ROAD WHALE.

:laugh:

Reactions: Tal

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I suppose the R3 would feel a little bit like a "toy" compared to a 1,000lb chrome-plated steel ROAD WHALE.

:laugh:
HaHa not quite a whale i call it a barge and it mainly gets used for carting my sh*t to rallys and trips abroad,HD for hauling R3 for hooning.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
HaHa not quite a whale i call it a barge and it mainly gets used for carting my sh*t to rallys and trips abroad,HD for hauling R3 for hooning.
I can understand that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts