Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new blue R3 yesterday(couldn't find any used ones in my area). It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't run it that hard due to break in procedure, but it's got plenty of power for a small bike. More than a Ninja 250 I used to have and much more than the CBR300R I test rode last week. Now I get to have fun hearing that lecture about why I should have bought a Harley(some of them who give that lecture have never owned a motorcycle in their life) :laugh: Here are a few pics I snapped before I went to work.

Reactions: xorbe

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a cover and disc lock since it will have to be kept out in the apartment parking lot. My wife and I can't afford to trick it out-right now I'm just rounding up the basic necessities such as a tank bag, tail bag, and the first service.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi SmallBikesRFun, and welcome!

I too just got my bike which I'm currently running in, just nearing 500km oil service.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That new color combination looks really good! Gives it a more racing look and more official i really like it, enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all. Yesterday I made a tail bag with a couple of nylon webbing straps with quick release buckles from REI and one of my camera bags. I was able to carry my phone and 2 water bottles that way. I'm going to order the SW Motech ION One quick lock tank bag from Twisted Throttle. I always liked mag mount tank bags because they're inexpensive and a good selection is available. But I don't think I'll like a strap mount tank bag-I had one in the past.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello Yzf owner... i think the first oil change service comes in at 1000km or 700miles

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I see, thanks for the info bimmereddy. I'll check with the dealer, as I've heard that during the engine break-in stage that bits of metal and contaminants end up in the oil and could end up in the valves, pistons and wet-clutch plates etc.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Last people that should be lecturing you are the Hardly Ablesons. When I am out sport touring on the weekends they are constantly on the side of the road getting towed. Pure junk.

First oil change is 600 miles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Harley guys are funny.. most are cool around here but I never get the hand wave, thumbs up, etc when I pass them unlike just about every sport bike rider.

I also find it odd I get pissed off looks from some when I am not in basically full gear yet cruiser riders are in a wife beater, shorts and no helmet and it is totally acceptable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! Happy to see another member with a 2017 blue! So much better than the 2016.. :p
Yes the graphics on the 2016 reminds me of the 90s. I saw a new 2016 red at a dealer. Red looked good, but having graphics a couple of decades old......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts