Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Cool. Van seems to be the way most people do it here in Japan. My question is, how bad is it on your back ducking down to load it? Some vans are taller than others but yours looks pretty low.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Awesome! This is exactly the confirmation i needed. I've measured up my Toyota Sienna minivan and expect the same fitment.

Please update with detail how you install and mount the pitbull TRS!

I've been thinking about securing with wheel chock and tie downs on bike and chock. Simply because I don't want to mess with the van too much. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My minivan is so old. I dont have stow and go. I plan to drill holes into the floor of the van .

there are a couple different configuration options with the pittbull.

I had my mechanic to lower my spare tire and throw it into the back of the van also...

when i get it setup, I will take some photos.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really an issue.
The calm feeling of using a minivan that I bought for $2700 6 years ago and I am still using it as a hauler, seems to cure any potential back pain... hahahah

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
A friend of mine was using his Honda Odyssey to haul his Ducati 999, then his 1299S to the track in the same way as well. It was always amusing to me to see a $20,000+ bike inside an older crappy van lol

But yeah he had to take his windscreen off as well. To be honest though, it looked like a PITA to me when I watched him put the bike in. A trailer is much more convenient.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pitbull TRS into my Chrysler Town & Country Minivan

Took about an hour to install the pittbull TRS into the minivan today

Future improvements: reinforce the underneath with some angle aluminum. otherwise awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update! Looks great.

I also successfully fit the R3 into my Toyota Sienna minivan for transport. I tied down a trackside chock and tied down the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts