Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been asked, but I think my question is at least a little unique...

So I live in Japan... I will be purchasing a 2015 Yamaha R25 very soon.

My issue is it seems the R25 is not sold in America? I have been looking for parts (exhaust and light mods) and I can't seem to find too much in English... Maybe I am just dumb... Again I am sorry if it's been said before...

I found an old thread here about the R25 and R3 comparison but it was just guessing...

Now that it has been out for awhile, I would like to know, what kind of stuff can I buy for my R25 that is technically for the R3?
Slip on is good?
Full exhaust I assume would not work since the CC's is different? but idk...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome fellow Gaijin. I had the R3 in the states and now the R25 here in Yokosuka. The parts are interchangeable. Going from an R25 to an R3, if you upgrade headers and exhaust, anything made for an R3 is going to flow more exhaust. The R25 engineered exhausts were made for the smaller cc R25 but as long as you have a fuel controller you should be good. Most everything else is going to fit. I have a bunch of my R3 parts I saved from San Diego and are now on the R25. If you live near Yokosuka and want to do some track days when the weather gets better, let me know! Or just an easy mountain run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome fellow Gaijin. I had the R3 in the states and now the R25 here in Yokosuka. The parts are interchangeable. Going from an R25 to an R3, if you upgrade headers and exhaust, anything made for an R3 is going to flow more exhaust. The R25 engineered exhausts were made for the smaller cc R25 but as long as you have a fuel controller you should be good. Most everything else is going to fit. I have a bunch of my R3 parts I saved from San Diego and are now on the R25. If you live near Yokosuka and want to do some track days when the weather gets better, let me know! Or just an easy mountain run.

Awww I wish man, I live in Okinawa haha
The biggest things I want are a power commander, and exhaust. I had a PC for my R1 and I felt like it made the entire experience much smoother. And the stock R25 sounds like a Prius of the bike world to me lol

I know I'll be going through TRS for a complete headlight makeover but that's all custom so I'm not worried about compatibility there.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nothing wrong with Oki. Nice quiet life. If you plan on tracking the bike, suspension before the exhaust and PC. I don't mind the sound of the stock exhaust. To each their own.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nothing wrong with Oki. Nice quiet life. If you plan on tracking the bike, suspension before the exhaust and PC. I don't mind the sound of the stock exhaust. To each their own.
+1 to that.. suspension but then slap a rapidbike with exhaust on it and be done with it. Hands free real time tuning. very cool stuff and amazing customer support! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely not doing any track days.
I'll look into that tuner thing.

I just want to make sure the exhaust I get will fit lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
@Kojiiro the one exception to that is the Akrapovic Racing GP SS exhaust . It was made for the R25 and retroactively sold to R3 owners. @jbluetooth deduced its limited effects on horsepower for the R3 were due to this; i.e. the headers were made for the R25 and smaller engine and thus were narrower. Therefore when placed on an R3, it did help but was limited by the lack of exhaust flow through the headers. Anyway they're perfect for the R25. I sold mine as it was one of the first exhausts available for the R3-been seeing a lot of R3 owners selling their Akrapovic GP for the newer and bigger Akrapovic Racing exhaust, and also for an M4 or Yosh on the cheap.

By the way, I order from webike.Japan here in the States all the time. It allows me to get a lot of foreign parts otherwise unavailable here and you won't have to deal with the brutal shipping charges or high minimum for free international shipping. There are like 1000+ parts available for the R25 there. I am not positive, but when I was in Japan, the smaller displacement bikes were more prevalent, at least around Tokyo.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
@Kojiiro the one exception to that is the Akrapovic Racing GP SS exhaust . It was made for the R25 and retroactively sold to R3 owners. @jbluetooth deduced its limited effects on horsepower for the R3 were due to this; i.e. the headers were made for the R25 and smaller engine and thus were narrower. Therefore when placed on an R3, it did help but was limited by the lack of exhaust flow through the headers. Anyway they're perfect for the R25. I sold mine as it was one of the first exhausts available for the R3-been seeing a lot of R3 owners selling their Akrapovic GP for the newer and bigger Akrapovic Racing exhaust, and also for an M4 or Yosh on the cheap.

By the way, I order from webike.Japan here in the States all the time. It allows me to get a lot of foreign parts otherwise unavailable here and you won't have to deal with the brutal shipping charges or high minimum for free international shipping. There are like 1000+ parts available for the R25 there. I am not positive, but when I was in Japan, the smaller displacement bikes were more prevalent, at least around Tokyo.
Smaller bikes are still prevalent here by a long shot. This includes the scooter people as well. I mean people still own 600/1000/1400's/etc here but the majority of people are on smaller bikes because it just makes more sense. That's not to say there is a small population of high displacement bike riders though. Every major city is probably going to have a Nap's motocycle shop, and every town has a few motorcycle shops, from the tiny Ma and Pa's joints with that one in a life time excellent condition RVF/NSR/insert your bike of choice here on display, to the bigger shops like Sox or Red Baron.

On a side note, webikes office is in Yokohama and I paid a visit. It's literally an office building. They don't have any physical stock. All they do is fill orders and get stock from someone else lol. We asked about it and they said it's all internet sales only. Saddening, I would love to walk around their shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts