Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum for all the info and good times. I put 3600 miles on my bike in the last year and had a blast on it. I went on rides with other sport bikes, other forum members, I did 2 trackdays at chuckwalla, I went on rides with my brother and his Harley buddies, I took my sons on long mountain rides, I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!

I had a ninja 900 25 years ago but I never did any real mountain riding or track riding on it. The R3 was amazing. It didn't cost that much, it ran perfect, it cornered great, it did it all. I felt like a racer riding it, even though I wasn't a very fast rider.

I want to say thanks to Kojiro who moved to Japan. When I first got my bike he took me on a few rides and we went to chuckwalla and did a trackday together. It was sooooo cool.. Good times.

If anyone is thinking about getting an R3, just do it its a great bike, you can ride it for a year and when you are ready to sell it, you won't lose too much. I bought mine new and sold it for about $1000 less than I had into it after a year. That was probably the best $1000 dollars I've ever spent in my life. It was fun.

I've owned over 30 bikes in my life and this was one of the most memorable bikes because I did some fun things on it, like doing a track day.

I just sold the R3 last week because I bought a new 2016 Camaro SS and that will probably be my new hobby for a while. If I get another bike, it will probably be a R6 or R1 because now I know I like sportbikes enough to justify $10,000 -$15,000 dollars for a bigger bike.

In the end, thats what the R3 is meant to do for yamaha, Get people hooked. It hooked me, I'm sure I'll get an R1 some day.:):D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Traitor! R3 is the only way to be. Cars are great, but bikes are like vampires. Once you got the bug, it'll never go away. There is nothing close to it. Hopefully you come back to the fold soon. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nah, he's a loser just let him go... just kidding. He'll miss it and be back ;)

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
130 Posts
Funny, For over a decade I was a car enthusiast. I still am, but that's waned with the new cars that are ever-more compromised and less involving to drive. I also work for a major OEM supplier and I can tell you, the R&D effort and money is not going towards driver involvement.

I made the jump in hobbies towards 2-wheels, and haven't looked back.

But I wish you well with the new car !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts