Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd be interested to know how well that single headlight works on a dark road at night. Please let me know, after you get the chance to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm also curious about that. No night rides yet. I'm mostly a morning rider these days. I'll try to get one in soon and let you know.

Premium Member
Just yesterday, I received notice of a local Yamaha demo day at the end of this week. If my work schedule allows, I hope to ride over and try out an R7. Admittedly, I've been interested in this bike since its introduction, but I have no desire to move on from my R3 at this time.

Premium Member
It was close, but I made it in time for the last demo ride of the day. Other than the obviously more potent engine, the two most distinctive impressions I had with the R7 were ergonomics and brakes. Ergonomically, the R7 has a more forward/track-oriented riding position than my gen2 R3. It wasn't horrible riding around the streets, but for me and my carpal tunnel hands, it makes it more important to squeeze the tank with my legs, so as not to lean on the handlebars. As to the brakes, while the single disc front brake is perfectly adequate for the R3 (I have braided lines/stock pads), the dual front discs of the R7 were distinctively more powerful. Did I like the bike? Sure, but I'm not yet ready to move on from my R3. I bought the R3 primarily for track use and until my riding skills on the track match the capabilities of the bike, I'll stick with the R3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts