Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went and did it... I put my bike up on Craig's List.

I've been talking with a local Triumph dealership and they're offering me a pretty good deal, including my trade- in price on the R3. Before going any further, I thought I'd give it a go selling privately.

I have one person who is very interested but he wants me to bring the bike back to stock, to save him a little $$$. The deal isn't too bad as stock but it just a crazy good deal with the mods I have already on the bike.

Hopefully, someone else comes along this week... I'd prefer to not take everything off the bike if possible.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/6171163551.html

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hipster! Will you be doing a vlog and 7 type lists like YamieNoob? :) Sad to see you leave the Yamaha and R3 family. Love Triumphs though. I could easily own a Daytona, Scrambler, and Speed Triple. They're beautiful bikes.

Post pics!

·
Registered
346 Posts
What kind of trade price were you offered if you don't mind me asking? I was toying with this idea myself and one dealer low-balled me at 2800 trade in. I'm not expecting them to pay me 4k for my trade in but I'm not going to let them make a 30% profit off me either :p

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of trade price were you offered if you don't mind me asking? I was toying with this idea myself and one dealer low-balled me at 2800 trade in. I'm not expecting them to pay me 4k for my trade in but I'm not going to let them make a 30% profit off me either :p
I'm dealing with two places... both prices are bone stock with no mods.
I've been offered $3500 from one place and $3800 from the other.

The $3500 place is offering a free first service and an extended warranty so it's actually the better deal.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, this experience has confirmed one thing for certain... people are bat sh!t crazy!

I'm so done with people emailing me with their stupid questions and demands. Latest one was a guy who wanted me to come down $600 from my asking price and wanted me to then deliver the bike for free to his residence 100 miles away. Uh...no.

I'm puling my ad from Craig's List and will trade the bike in at a loss if I decide to upgrade. It's not worth the hassle having to deal with lunatics.

/rant

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Well, this experience has confirmed one thing for certain... people are bat sh!t crazy!

I'm so done with people emailing me with their stupid questions and demands. Latest one was a guy who wanted me to come down $600 from my asking price and wanted me to then deliver the bike for free to his residence 100 miles away. Uh...no.

I'm puling my ad from Craig's List and will trade the bike in at a loss if I decide to upgrade. It's not worth the hassle having to deal with lunatics.

/rant
You need to learn to troll back. Makes for great entertainment.

·
Registered
8 Posts

/rant
Don't pull the ad, there WILL be some decent offers -- this is the best time to sell.

Ignore the bad emails. Don't respond (it'll make you crazier), just ignore.

I've sold several bikes there and know going in that's part of dealing with Craigslist. Knowing the rules of the game made it easier to deal with it all.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Ah CraigsList... typical.. did you get any $2000 offers? LOL
Those guys are reseller hawks. They lowball all day long.
If they get someone desperate enough to give it away, they go pick it up,
and resell it at their used motorcycle business.
You are better off trading it in at a dealer. Screw the hawks.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are better off trading it in at a dealer. Screw the hawks.
I'm currently working back and forth between two dealers. I've been honest and they both know they're competing for the sale. It's getting interesting and the deal will only continue to improve as long as they continue to compete.
Sales must really be in the sh!ts right now for them to compete so much for the deal.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah CraigsList... typical.. did you get any $2000 offers? LOL

Or maybe $2500 and a Vespa?
One guy asked me if I'd consider an even swap for his '03 GSX-R 750. I believe his exact words were "good condition, never stunted". LOL

1 - 20 of 55 Posts